*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133902-My-Best-Chance
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Adult · #2133902
A scholar is in a comma and in it, she finally answers the 1 thing she never could before.

"Help me! I am trapped!" I yell as I bang against the glass with all my might. I was stuck in my own creation. My own story. My own memory. I had visited this place a few time but this time, it inhaled me to the point where I could barely breath. Panicking, I studied my horrible but familiar surroundings. I was on a street made of cobblestone back near a dark alley. In a glass box. I was trapped in a glass box on this street. I looked up and saw a beutiful lady that looked just like me. It was Mommy. She knelt down and told me that someone would eventually find me and take care of me because she had to go. In all my years I never knew what that meant. But trapped in this memory I understood perfectly. She wanted to give me my best chance. The glass box I was in had served as my home for weeks until someone came. They were very nice. That was how I had my first father. While I waited for them to come, I thought over everything I ever did in my life and how I had always been troubled because I couldn't figure out why Mommy gave me away. I had solved puzzles even the greatest scientists couldn't crack but I could never find the answer to that question until now.


I woke up from my dream startling my husband. I was in a hospital bed surrounded by colorful tubes that all had the destination of the veins in my arm. My husband Jim had been sleeping in the corner on a cot that nurses often bring out for those how prefer to stay the night with their loved ones. He got up and walked over to me mumbling tidbits of prayers I've used before.

Jim came over to me and gave me a big hug, "You're out of your comma! Thank the gods, thank all of them!" He hugged me again.

I was a little confused, "Comma? For how long?!?"

"Almost a year. The nurses were getting worried that you wouldn't live for very long."

"Why?"

"You were getting the flu and stuff during the comma. The nurses said that when you did, your body would reject the meds and it lowered your chance by, well, a lot," he got off me and went and called the nurses in to see I was awake. When they came in, they checked me out and recorded what they observed.

After they were done Jim asked, "Will this ever happen again?"

I didn't need a nurse's opinion to figure that out. Not after that flash to the past. "None at all, let's go home Jim."

By: Fiona Read

I didn't know what or why or anything. I just wrote this down as I thought of it. I don't even remember what it says. I hope you liked it though.
© Copyright 2017 Fiona Read (fiona.read22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133902-My-Best-Chance