*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2134516-But-You-Said
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #2134516
The world suddenly felt like it was spinning out of control. “But you said…”

1/18/17



The world suddenly felt like it was spinning out of control. Surely life itself was hurtling to a fiery death at the core of some once far off star.

"But you said..." her once treasured promise chokes me, "You... But... No!"

"You're acting like a baby Holly!" She cuts at my already hemorrhage emotions.

"I thought you loved me?!" I sob out.

"You can't really expect me to give up a chance like this."

"It's just money!"

"Money makes the world go 'round darling," she smartly replies before moving back to the bag she's quickly filling with her things.

"What about us? What about me?" I beg, my dignity more than willing to jump out the window if its sacrifice would keep her from walking out the door.

"There will be someone else."

"For me or you?" I question.

"Both," she says after a beat. Looking around the loft that has been our home for nearly a year she nods, "That's everything I can't replace, do whatever you want with the rest."

Shoulder strap thrown in place, cream bomber jacket grabbed up she walks to the door and out of my life quicker than it took me to work up the courage to introduce myself to her the first time.

Sobs rack my body as I crumble to the floor. My broken heart a palpable wound in my chest. I am so distraught I don't hear the door to the loft open again, or the footsteps. But when I feel the soft hand come to rest on my shoulder I gasp in hope turning up to face my comforter.

"Rose?" Her name out my lips before my eyes clear of their tears, before my breathe calms enough to smell the perfume I know as well as I know my name. "Get away from me! I hate you!"

"Oh, Dove, you hate me now, but you'll think me one day. When you fine someone who loves you the way you love them."

© Copyright 2017 Erica L. (erica.l at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2134516-But-You-Said