*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135462-The-Sale
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2135462
Flash Fiction
The Sale

Sharon woke, bolting upright in her chair, spilling coffee down her shirt. It was Thursday. She had gotten so bogged down at work, she forgot it was Thursday! She only had twenty minutes to get to Rogerts, the sale ended at eight! A ten-minute drive, she could make it.

She grabbed her purse and keys, running. Parking in the first available space, she bolted into the store.

The store was crowded considering how late it was, Sharon had to squeeze and push her way along to the right section. She was determined, she was sure the new Roseo hair dryer would solve all her problems. It was way above her budget, but today, ten percent off! She was sure this was going to finally change her life, finally getting her hair right was exactly what she needed!

Finally, there it was, but only one left! Sharon flew, getting her hands on the box just as a woman on the other side got her hands on the other end.

They picked up the box together, holding on tight. “It’s mine!” they both said at the same time, eyes locking.

The other woman was bigger than Sharon, and obviously stronger, but Sharon had determination on her side. She hung on like a trooper. The other woman glared, focusing on Sharon, then got a strange look on her face.

“Honey,” the other woman said, letting go, “you need this more than I do!”

Sharon caught sight of herself in the mirror, her hair was a rat’s nest from the nap, her makeup all smudged, especially under her eyes, dried coffee stains down her shirt. She looked a hundred years old. She handed the expensive box back to the woman.

“Thanks,” she said, “but, I don’t think this is gonna do the trick anymore...”
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135462-The-Sale