*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135601-Prisoner-Intro
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #2135601
Rose Barrett struggles with the death of her mother that happened several months ago.
Full Synopsis

Rose Barrett struggles with the death of her mother that happened several months ago. Not knowing how to cope she turns to reckless behavior that leads her into the arms of a mysterious, enticing man, Cole. Entranced by his beauty and rebel ways, Rose is oblivious to Cole's dark nature. But Cole's secrets are deeper than they seem.





Intro

Screams, terrified screams fill my ears. My eyes shut tight, frightened of what I might see.
"Rose!" I hear my mother shriek.
My eyes shoot wide open to find the horrifying scene before me. The familiar red jeep my mother always drove flipped on its side in a field not far from the road.
"Mommy?" I gasp as I struggle to get my 5-year-old feet to step forward. The brisk March air whips at my face as the faint smell of blood hits my nose.
I tiptoe forward passed the police officers; my mother is face up a few feet from the car, her blood matted hair covering some of her face.
"Mom?.." My feet shuffle forward and stop as I collapse on the damp ground in front of her.
My tiny hands tangle in her hair, shaking her but it was no use she won't wake up; blood drips onto my hands from the gashes on her head.
"Rose!" she screams, her mouth not moving.
I can hear my heartbeat in my ears as I inch my face closer to hers.
"Rose!" Her eyes shoot open; bloodshot, her mouth still not moving.
I fall back screaming, tears rolling down my cheeks.
© Copyright 2017 FayothRose (fayoth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135601-Prisoner-Intro