*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135719-STAND-UP-FOR-EMPOWERMENT
by BeccaT
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Educational · #2135719
what is worn does not mean you asked to be disrespected
I am a survivor of rape/incest/domestic violence. I am holding my head up high today, because of perseverance and healing. To be a stronghold for those survivors of sexual assault. Not feeling alone, but encouraged to know resources, prevention, and education are available to break this cycle. I stand today with a voice that says, "Power lies within us and is strengthened with the education and prevention movement, that will diminish the cycle that plagues the unfortunate "

Be confident, be beautiful in your skin, and feel good in what you wear, because jeans don't hurt like others do. Let us band together as a nation and put sexual assault in an awareness mode and encourage societal change for our safety. Change starts within ourselves and having this voice will help others seek and conquer peace over violence. I wear denim today to stand for all victims and survivors, with education will come prevention. To reach and encourage one person at a time, which I am here to help and encourage YOU!

There is no excuse for rape/domestic violence on any campus, street, or home, so let us take this stand together to end the cycle on sexual assault and letting others know it's not okay to disrespect others space.

Rebecca Teetz
© Copyright 2017 BeccaT (beccat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135719-STAND-UP-FOR-EMPOWERMENT