*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135729-Flash-Fiction-contest-entry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aniu
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Animal · #2135729
This is a battle between a unicorn and a pegasus


Horns Or Wings

         Meeting in the clearing of the woods, where the valley meets the mountain side, were the two great equines of Earth. The Earthbound unicorn was challenged by the pegasus of the sky. Being different equine types with different customs, they shared an unruly past. Now met to have a one on one fight. The pegasus made the first move, lunging at her with the aid of his powerful wings. However, the unicorn wasn't slow and she managed to dodge the attack. She countered with a thrust of her sharp horn, damaging part of his left wing, making sure the pegasus could no longer fly. The pegasus was badly hurt and several gashes of blood were visible. The unicorn wasn't one to kill, so after the pegasus gave up, she decided to spare and banish him. The pegasus retreated into the mountains, leaving the forest to the unicorn to keep as her home.
         The unicorn believed that the pegasus would be gone for good. However, he was soon back in her forest. The unicorn walked to him, but this time he made no move to attack. The pegasus's next action was even more confusing to the unicorn. It seemed he wanted to put the differences behind him! The unicorn didn't know what to think about this. She knew him only as a merciless warrior who was only concerned with conquering lands for himself. This seemed too good to possibly be true. The unicorn wasn't one to kill, but she also wasn't one to share with a rival.







© Copyright 2017 Aniu (shadowwolf12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135729-Flash-Fiction-contest-entry