*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135730-The-Thing-He-did-to-Save
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2135730
When you hear a whisper in the blackness of night, will you follow it?
He sat up to take one glance at his beloved. He admired her slender shape and long hair. His eyes then moved to her left leg. It looked pitiful, the scars which would forever mark her fair skin; the bruises which turned her pale complexion a blackish blue color. Her skin was no longer what it used to be, and would never be again. He looked down on her past and would trade anything to change it. He remembered rescuing her and rolled his eyes at the thought of his beloved being taken advantage of. She slowly awoke and looked around frantically. He rushed to her side and smiled at her. She looked at her legs and pushed him away scrambling off of the wonderful bed she laid upon. His eyes filled with tears, he tried to calm her. She looked at him with such disgust; begging him to lay mercy upon her. He begged her on one knee to forgive him for keeping the truth from her. She did not believe him, for she was asleep on drugs when he rescued her. She slid down the wall and cried. He stood up and threw himself on one of the beds. He knew she wouldn’t love him if she thought he drugged and abused her. He heard her footsteps. Looking up, he saw her forgiving face in the dim light.
“Did you save me?”
Wiping tears from his eyes, he answered, “No. I didn’t save you. I let them hurt you,” he sobbed.
She teared up, as she continued, “You saved me. You didn’t let them kill me. I thank you and I owe you my life because of it.”
“I won’t let them lay another hand on you. They’ll have to kill me first.” He stands up and walks over to a table lit by a small lamp.
“Here, eat this.” He hands her a tasteful soup, and she sips slowly. “It’s not very warm, sorry, I tried to heat it up before I gave it to you.” He took the soup in his hands. When he returned it to her, it was warm and even more tasteful than before. A large crash happened behind them. He looked around frantically. “I must go soon. They’ll be coming for me.” He walked up to the door and supported it with a force field. He then walked back over to her and smiled. Standing still and smiling. “I don’t want you to worry about me. Just know,” he hesitated. “I love you,” he lifted his arms as two soldiers broke into the room after several efforts. They grabbed his arms, pulled them behind his back and left. After that, she discovered a note. It said:
“I am sorry to have left so soon. I hope you continue your life well. Just know, I loved you. I know I left without explanation, but it was for your own good. When I rescued you, you were still passed out, so I had to carry you the whole way. Sadly, a man was attempting to harm you, so I killed him. I killed a man to save you. I am being charged with murder. I am being sentenced to death. But it was for you.” She dropped the note on the floor. After that day, she never saw him again.
© Copyright 2017 CandyWriting (itzlizzyr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135730-The-Thing-He-did-to-Save