*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135746-Iscremfix
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2135746
Three Minute Read
Iscremfix

“Sandy! You’re home!” Grandma said, then noticing an unhappy Sandy, “What’s the matter, Sweety?”

“I am the biggest dork in the whole world.”

“Well, congratulations!”

Sandy looked at her grandmother. “It’s not a good thing, Gram.”

“Well it certainly is! Think of how many people there are in the world and you beat them all out! I’d say that’s pretty amazing! Do you get a trophy for that?”

Sandy laughed in spite of her mood.

“That’s my girl,” said Gram, “I think you probably have a few other titles besides biggest dork too, don’t you think?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, most loved child of Liz and Randy Grant.”

“Only child...”

“Best granddaughter ever!”

“You’re bias.”

“You’re many things. Do you know who I am?”

“My grandmother.”

“Yes, and also a wife, a mother, a sister, an aunt, child of my parents, former secretary, current daycare for you, president of the garden club, three years running, President of Iscremfix, stand-up comedian on occasion... family only of course, and...”

“Gram?” Sandy interrupted.

“Child?”

“President of Iscremfix?”

“Oh, maybe I shouldn’t have told you about that, till your older anyway.”

“What’s Iscremfix?”

“Well, since you asked, it’s a place where you forget all your dorkiest days. I used to go there often as a child, that’s why I ran for president when I got old enough. I love Iscreemfix.

“Where is it?”

“It’s right in our freezer, everybody knows ice cream fixes anything.”

Sandy jumped up, smiling, “Lead on Madam President!”

© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135746-Iscremfix