*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135778-River-Flows
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2135778
Isabella never knew her Grandmother, now she has to move to her house? Secrets will unlock
River Flows by XoXFalconXoX

Chapter 1


Today was a school day, and I hate school. I'd rather be burned alive in hell, then go to school. But, you know me. I just jumped right out from my soft, fluffy bed. I rubbed my eyes and walked towards the closet. I took off my PJ's and pulled into a pair of skinny jeans and a white blouse shirt.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room. The kitchen was silent and empty. My father was standing next to the kitchen table, looking gloomy as ever. I snatched a box of Lucky Charms and milk, pouring it in my white, dull bowl. My father stays silent, ignoring me as if I was air. I sat down and started gulping down my breakfast. Usually, he never wakes up, so this is pretty rare.

I set down my bowl and stare at him. Then my memories of last night filled my thoughts.I recalled him talking to someone. I wonder who it was. My dad, snaps out of his position and quickly makes himself some creamy coffee, then sits down, and starts drinking it.

He notices my awkward glance and shifts his eyes onto the table. "Honey. I think I need to tell you about some-" "Yes, I know Dad." "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard it." He looked like he was about to say something, but I interrupted him again. "The whole thing." I glared at him. He sets down his coffee silently, without making a noise.

My dad looked at me grimly. He sighed. "I was going to tell you this-" He paused and looked at me. "This morning." I looked into his eyes. They were cloudy, without a single hint of life in them. I knew he was lying.
He was never going to tell me about this.

"Where?" I said. Father's head tilted up. "Where, are we moving to?"

"Your Grandmother's." He looked so sad. He's been like this ever since Mum passed away. It's like he had a heavy weight on his shoulders that never got lifted up.

My Grandmother's? We're moving to Grandmother's house? I don't even know her! Heck, I don't even know if she is still alive or not. "For real?!"

He nodded. "I contacted her, the day before. I told her, we'll be moving in."

"I thought she was dead." I murmured. "Do I have to transfer schools?"

"We'll see when we get there." I wanted to ask him more questions but before I got the chance, he got up from his chair and walked slowly towards his room, which was all the way down a long hallway.

Dad was always like this, but not before Mom passed away. She died giving birth to me. Dad started becoming more distant with everyone else, and soon everything just shattered in pieces. Sometimes I could hear him yelling and crying in his bedroom. It was loud enough to keep me awake all night. All this time he talked, he never did once looked at me in the eyes.

I notice the clock read 7:10. I pocketed my phone and snatched my binder. It was in the same place as I left. I have to be extra careful about it. My binder "somehow" always grow teeny tiny legs and just take off, like it's on vacation or something. No one notices. I take one more look at this tiny apartment I live in before, turning around and heading for the door.








© Copyright 2017 XoXFalconXoX (xoxfalconxox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135778-River-Flows