*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136409-Science-Always-Wins
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #2136409
You can't beat science. Only science knows all the rules.
Science always wins.
Science isn't fair.
Technically science is extremely fair, following all of the rules, Always.
Of course only science knows all of the rules and exceptions to those rules.
The rule book is more complicated than the U.S. tax code.
Exceptions to the rule. Exceptions to the exceptions to the rule.
Exception to the rule when another rule is in play, except when yet another rule comes around which changes the first exception, sometimes.

Imagine a football game. You and your health against science.
You advance down the field, a few yards at a time, all the way down to the goal line.
You are on the one yard line, about to score, and then….Boom!
Science intercepts and runs all the way down the field to score, Again!
Over and over the game goes.
Down the field. Intercepted. Science scores.
Down the field. This is the play. I know it. This will change everything.
Wrong. Intercepted. Science scores.

I don't like science anymore...nor football.
© Copyright 2017 Justtina626 (justtina626 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136409-Science-Always-Wins