*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136551-Family
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2136551
Three Minute Read
Family

John peered at the paper in the dim light. Randon Street, left, right? Just a description of the building. He looked in both directions, he’d have to check every building then maybe come back and check in the other direction! Frank! Why did he ever use Frank! Truth? Because he was family, of course. John sighed and tried left.

Halfway down he found it. A little good luck? He looked at the paper again. Third floor, 307, and a list of the files he was supposed to swipe. John went to the back stairs. No sense in taking chances with security cameras, they rarely had cameras in the back stairs.

He found the office and files quickly, this was his specialty. Unfortunately slipping out into the dark alley, he somehow triggered the alarm. Immediately he was caught in the headlights of a car coming up quickly! Bolting, he flew down the alley, but the car sped up behind him! Dodging, John tripped and rolled, head over heels, into a dumpster. The car stopped, blocking any possibility of an exit.

John’s leg was wrenched, he got up but it wouldn’t hold his weight. He was trapped.

“John,” a voice called, “It’s me Frank! Thought I’d pick you up since I knew where you were!”

Just then, lights from a police car lit up the end of the alley. John looked at Frank’s car, aimed the wrong way, and at his leg, all mangled from the fall.

Then Frank said, “I got this!” and he went to talk to the police, acting all dopey, telling them he’d gotten lost and probably triggered the alarm because he was knocking on doors. They eventually laughed and left.

Frank came back to the car, “Ride home, cousin?”

John got in the car, family indeed.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136551-Family