*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136918-Hello-Momma
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #2136918
A letter to my Momma about her scare with Breast Cancer
Hello Momma,

It was so long ago that I received that phone call from you. I remember you were crying. I could hardly understand what you were saying. Then I realized what it was. I couldn't believe that you had found lumps, one in each breast. You told me that they were going to run tests and then go from there. We talked about your options and what could happen. You were scared I could hear it in your voice. You had heard horror stories of the chemotherapy and the surgeries. In 1982, it was not many options like there is today. I know now how scared you were. You, being my mother, wanted me to know. You told me how important it was to do my monthly examination. You made me promise that I had to do them.

You had the test done, and we wouldn't know for a couple of weeks. We waited patiently for the results. But, we would never get those results. My mother was killed a few days before in a car accident three days before my son's 5th birthday. My family, to this day, believes God took her so she would not suffer the surgery, pain, and chemotherapy. Although medical science has improved during the past 35+ years, I know my Momma is still making sure I hold up to my promise I made her.
I dedicate this to all the Breast Cancer Survivors, their families, and the Medical Teams who fight alongside them.

I love and miss you, Momma
Your loving daughter,
Teresa



Word Count: 266
BC Awareness Challenge
© Copyright 2017 LegendaryMask❤️ (tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136918-Hello-Momma