*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137329-My-Visitation-From-God
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #2137329
God will visit His children and meet the needs in their lives.
My Visitation From God
As we look into the word of God we can easily see that when trouble comes into our lives, we can expect God to visit us with deliverance. In Exodus three verse sixteen we read.” Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:” God had already visited the Israelites in Egypt and assessed their situation and planned to deliver them. Just as God visited the Israelites to look first hand at their afflictions, God has visited you and me and assessed our troubles and tribulations.

The Israelites were only in covenant with God and He delivered them from their afflictions, we are in covenant with God, born again, and covered in the shed blood of Christ. Surly He will deliver us. The bible says that we are workers together with Christ, we have a part to play in getting our deliverance. In Exodus four verse thirty-one, ”And the people believed: and when they heard that the Lord had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.”

We are to believe God and worship God even before we see our deliverance. We have many instances in the bible where God visited individuals and delivered them. In Genesis twenty-one we are told.” And the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. All Sarah’s adult life she was depressed because she could not bear children, and to make matters worse, God comes alone and promises her husband a son, but Sarah could not produce the child. And one day God visited Sarah and repaired her body and she bore a son at the age of Ninety years of age. God is the same today, yesterday, and forever, what He did in Sarah’s life, He will do today. We could look at Genesis Thirty-nine and see and man by the name of Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, he had Joseph imprisoned for attempting to rape his wife. God visited Joseph in that prison, gave him favor with the warden, who placed Joseph over the whole prison. While God was there visiting Joseph He gave him

the interpretation to two dreams that got the attention of Pharaoh, who sent for Joseph to interpret his dream. God gave Joseph the interpretation to Pharaoh’s dream, and he set Joseph second in command of all of Egypt. One visitation from God can set us up for life. Consider a man by the name of Jacob. The name Jacob means supplanter, or deceiver, he did not always do the right thing toward people. Jacob took advantage of his brother Esau and took his right to a double portion of his father’s property, as well as the spoken blessing from the father. For this Esau promises to kill Jacob. In Genesis Thirty-two, Jacob is returning home after working twenty years for his uncle. Esau is coming to meet Jacob with four-hundred armed men ready for war. Jacob tells God; ” O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee: I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands. Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children. Jacob is desperately in need of God’s intervention.

The bible goes on to say that; “Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. This man that is wrestling with Jacob in none other than the Angel of the Lord, he is wrestling with Jacob to deliver him from that deceitful heart, deliver him from that supplanter’s heart. The changing of Jacob’s name insures us that God accomplished His mission. Jacob was delivered and God also changed Esau’s heart and the brothers became friends, all because God visited Jacob in his time of trouble.

I have come to realize that when persecution comes into my life, I can do like Jeremiah did in Jeremiah fifteen verse fifteen, he said; “O Lord, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors;” Has trouble come into your life. Ask God to visit you with deliverance, as did Jeremiah, as I did. I also am requesting you to join me in prayer asking God to visit the Church, the Body of Christ with Revival. We are in the will of God for the Psalmist asked God to visit Israel. Listen; “Return, we beseech thee, O God of hosts: look down from heaven, and behold, and visit this vine;” The Vine being Israel. Psalms Eighty verse fourteen. Will you pray?

www.drbernardajonesministries.org
© Copyright 2017 Brobern (berlen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137329-My-Visitation-From-God