*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137883-It-Burned
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2137883
The fire consumed a place that i once called home
The city burned, fire lighting up the night sky. As I was walking down the street, I couldn't believe my eyes. Almost everything on the main strip I was walking on, was lit up as bright as the sun. People were running everywhere. Most of them were getting into their cars and driving away in a rushed manner. I thought about how this could happen but never thought of an idea that would match this. "Whats going on?" I asked one of the running bystanders. The only thing she could tell me was that they were coming. What the hell could that mean? I went to explore the rest of the fires and the damage done by it. It seemed as if the east end of New Orleans was burned away. I started to notice a sound over one of the fires burning. It was like the sound of marching. Turning around, I see hundreds of people with torches and gasoline coming down the road, throwing gasoline and lighting up everything in their sight on fire. These people were dressed in all black and wearing dark satanic masks. The leader of this crowd wore a red mask that matched the design of the others. He told them to start to waste of the innocent people. As ordered, they started taking victims that were trying to escape, threw the gas on them and torched them. The burning people's screams were heartbreaking and terrifying, especially the screams of the burning children.
I started to run the other way before they got any closer. Trying to remember where my car was, I noticed one of the members of the crowd was chasing me. I started to run as fast my feet would allow. I had the advantage because I was faster than the masked one behind me. I finally spotted my car in the lot where I parked, so I instantly pressed the button to unlock it. The flashes that my tail lights gave me the sign that it had unlocked. I got in the car, locked the doors, and drove away swiftly. I went straight home to pack. I was getting the hell out of the city, and there was no turning back.
When I got to the house, I went inside and locked the doors and windows. I wasn't going to risk anyone coming into my house. I didn't know who or what to trust anymore. I enter my bedroom to turn on the T.V. and put it directly on the news channel. I start to take out my suitcases and open them on the bed. I was going to pack while listening to the breaking story on the fire. I thought that maybe that would allow me to obtain more information on the city fire. They had no more than I knew, so I turned it off. I needed to focus on packing. It felt like I was packing at the speed of light out of fear. The city that was glorious and amazing to me was now soot and damaged remains. I cried while Packing the rest of my clothes and all of my luxurious items into the suitcases. Once I was done I packed everything into the car and I was off. I was going to take the fastest route out of the city and get out of my beloved city. I still wondered about the people that I witnessed, that the flames consumed, from time.
© Copyright 2017 C.Z. Morrison (cmorrison1116 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137883-It-Burned