*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137945-The-Nightmare
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2137945
Three Minute Read
The Nightmare

Elina woke suddenly from a terrible nightmare. Her body was tense, she was sweating, even shaking, she had been so scared. She lay there in the dark waiting for her heart to slow down. It had all seemed so real.

She hadn’t even been herself in the dream. In that place, her name was Ali and she and her sister were on the run. In her real life, she was a happy child with two loving parents, but there, she and her sister, Cia were in terrible danger. Their parents had been killed in the revolution, trying to stop a massive, evil conglomerate from enslaving their community. She and Cia were on the run, they had proof that the corporation had murdered their parents and, if they could get it to the right authorities in time, it could turn the tides for everyone.

As she began to calm down, laying there in the dark, she felt as if she had been watching a movie, almost disappointed now that she would never know if Ali and Cia succeeded in bringing down the evil corporation. Eventually, though, she finally fell back asleep.

Suddenly her mother was shaking her. “Wake up! We have to go.”

Elina realized she must have overslept after the nightmare. It must be time for school. “Ok Mum,” she mumbled “I’ll hurry.”

“Wake up!” her mother said again, shaking her urgently, “We have to go. NOW!”

Somewhat alarmed, she opened her eyes and looked up at her mother.

But there, desperately trying to get her to hurry, was Cia.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137945-The-Nightmare