*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138101-The-Life-of-a-Pinata
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2138101
Tells the story of a pinata from the pinata's point of view
I look around at all the shoppers in the store today, and I wonder if today is the day someone is going to pick me up and take me home. I am a pinata, and not just any pinata I have been hand-crafted to look like Minnie Mouse. I am full of yummy candy for a special little girl. It was then that I see a beautiful little girl holding her Mommy's hand. She looks up and says, "Mommy, Minnie, Minnie Mommy." She is so excited she is jumping up and down with joy.

Mommy bent down to pick up her daughter and asked "Delilah, do you want a Minnie Mouse pinata?"

"Yes Mommy, Minnie" she was pointing and jumping up and down at the same time.

I felt immediate relief when I realized that today was my day I was gonna be taken off this cold shelf and for at least a short time. I understand that the life of a pinata is a short one but I would at least be able to observe and share in this little girls birthday joy. Mommy picks me up off the shelf and hands me to Delilah. It is so nice having warm arms hugging me so tight, at one point she even leans in and gives me big kisses. I know that I am just a lowly pinata, not that important to anyone in particular, but in the arms of this precious little girl, I am special. This makes me feel snuggly inside.

It's party time and everyone is rushing around trying to get the last minute preparations in order. I see splashes of pink and purple everywhere. Minnie Mouse balloons hung up everywhere in the backyard. The two-tier Minnie Mouse cake is brought out and set up on its own special table with matching plates and napkins surrounding it. The present table is piled with brightly colored presents of all shapes and sizes.

The party guests arrived, and for about an hour there is playing and laughing. I am watching all of this and just feeling thankful that I could spend my remaining life with this little girl at her birthday party. I will never forget her warm arms around me and her little kisses.Finally, everyone settled down to sing "Happy Birthday" to Delilah and cut the cake. I am getting excited now because I know that as soon as presents are opened it will be my turn to shine. "Pinata Time" Mommy calls to everyone. "Line up youngest to oldest, Delilah in front"

"Delilah, come here sweetie, it's time to swing the stick," Mommy says gently as she helps Delilah swing with all her might. Everyone takes their turns swinging, pieces of me flying everywhere, but I have not broken. As I am bruised and beaten Delilah is back up to swing. She takes a final swing, and I break open and all my candy falls out. This is the happiest moment of my short life.
© Copyright 2017 ConcreteAngel73 (concreteangel3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138101-The-Life-of-a-Pinata