*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138105-An-Angels-Miracle
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Fantasy · #2138105
Fantasy short
In a cascading waterfall deep in the caverns of Roanesque there lived a beautiful, silver angel named Angel Skye. The waterfall itself is magnificent in beauty and glowing from the surrounding gems. The waterfall was visited daily by the villagers, who believed that the waters granted happiness to all those who came to visit. Angel Skye was guarded by the fairies and pixies of the land.

One day Pixie Felicia came bearing bad news to Angel Skye. Felicia explains that in the village a baby was born and died before he could take his first breath. She further goes on to say that the family was asking for Angel Skye to come pray with them for peace. Angel Skye leaves her waterfall and sets out in search of the village family who lost their son. She requests the company of Felicia, Skydancer, and Nightingale to accompany her on this quest.

During their travels, The group meets a 4 winged lion named Cassius. Cassius had also heard of the turmoil the village family suffered and wanted to pay his respects as well. So he led the group just outside the village entrance. Cassius expressed concern getting into the village because it was guarded by the Simoan Giant. It is well known across the land that the giant was very inflexible and very protective of the village. So we had to find a way to convince him that we meant no harm. Now, it is also well known across the land that The Simoan Giant lusted after the Book of Eves. This book was a treasure to the giants, and difficult to obtain. If we were able to get our hands on that book we would have a bartering chip. First, we had to go to Mount Sumter and find the winged Pegasus, Callia. Angel Skye knew how to find Callia, it was an exhausting trip but finally, after 3 full days of travels, they reach Mount Sumter.

Angel Skye blows her trumpet three times and Callia appears at the top of the mount.
"Who dares to enter my mountain space? she asks boldly.

"Callia, it is Angel Skye, we have come to see you ask for your help to gain entrance into a village to comfort a family that has lost their baby. The village is guarded by a Simoan Giant and we know that you have within your bounty the Book of Eves. We came to ask if you would barter with us for the book, we would not ask if it was not very important to us. We have traveled a long way, and we are very exhausted." Angel Skye replied in earnest.

"Angel Skye, you did not know this but several years ago my fairy Katydid was very unhappy, and she made the long journey to the waterfall to find happiness. When she made the return trip home, she was in bright spirits and saved from the unhappiness that had plagued her for so long. I am more than willing to give you the Book of Eves as a thank you for the happiness your waterfall bestows on those who desperately search for it. Thank you for your blessings in this land. Here is the book you desire, I hope that it serves you well. Please give my condolences to the villagers who lost their child. Thank you again. Safe Travels Angel Skye." With a quick wave of her wings, Callia galloped off into the mountainside.

The group was headed back to the village with their precious gift for the Giant. They were a little nervous as they approached the village, Giants are so big and so tall, they can be mistaken as pillars. But Angel Skye had her faith, she pressed on. Standing in the middle of the road was the Simoan Giant. We approached and he stomped his mighty foot to let us know we were trespassing.

"WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE HERE?"

Angel Skye came forward with Cassius at her side and explained that they had heard the news about the villagers that lost their baby, and they wanted to pay their respects to the parents. She further explained that they meant no harm, and come in peace.

"What do you bring as a barter for entrance?" the giant asked questioningly.

"We have brought you the Book of Eves from Callia the winged Pegasus, is this good enough for you?" Angel Skye asked humbly.

"Thank you very much, before I move aside and let you pass, may I have your names?" he asked politely this time.

"Yes, of course. I am Angel Skye, This is Cassius the winged lion, and I have brought Felicia, Skydancer, and Nightingale, my pixie friends." She announced.

The giant said the family we were searching for lived in the hut at the end of the road on the left. He thanked us again for his new treasure and moved aside to allow us to pass. We walked down the road and stopped at the last house on the left. We knocked and waited for someone to answer. A woman answered the door. You could see the pain written on her face. Angel Skye introduced herself and the rest of the group and explained that they had heard the sad news and wanted to come pay their respects to them for the loss of their child. The woman brought her baby out to Angel Skye and placed him in her arms. Angel Skye gazed upon the baby tears welling up in her own eyes, she slowly lowered her head and prayed over the child. When she handed the baby back she gave the woman directions to the waterfall of happiness and requested her presence the next day. The woman asked if she was supposed to come alone. And Angel Skye told her she was to bring her baby with her, only her baby. The woman agreed.

The next day the woman showed up at the waterfall with her baby. Standing at the edge of the waterfall was Angel Skye and another Angel. She was summoned to the waterfall's edge, the woman complied. The other angel grabbed the child from the woman and gently dunked the baby in the water when the baby came up out of the water, he was screaming, a blood-curdling, piercing scream, which brought tears of joy and happiness to his mother. The mother was in awe of the angels who brought her child back to her, and when she asked what she had to do to say thank you. They replied in unison to believe in the power of God.
To this day the woman tells everyone who will listen to the power of God and how the angels brought her child back to her. Her life has been forever changed.
© Copyright 2017 ConcreteAngel73 (concreteangel3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138105-An-Angels-Miracle