*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138110-Broken-Girl
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Personal · #2138110
fanfiction

Have you ever had people ask how you are holding up and then just turn their back on you? I know from experience that hurts as bad as a paper cut. I once knew a girl who was troubled, she showed every sign of abuse and withdrawal in the books. People would ask her how she was and she would always say she was fine. One day I walked up to her and asked her how she was holding up. She pretended she didn't hear me asking her and I was not going to pry. I turned around to walk away and I heard her whisper under her breath,"I'm not fine I feel like I am dying." My heart sank to the floor. I turned back around and caught her attention and asked her if she wanted to go for a walk. She reluctantly agreed, and we headed out to walk the track.

I explained to her that I knew she was hurting because I used to feel the same way as she did, and hearing that she opened up a bit. She explained that no one listens to her at home, she just feels lost and alone. She confided that she tries to cry but she is so angry and depressed she cannot bring herself to do it anymore. She feels that she is an obligation and not a member of her family. She goes on further to say that they hurt, criticize, and turn their back on her time after time, and have the nerve to ask her what her problem is.

She is afraid of opening up or putting her faith in anything. Pain has eaten a hole in her and stolen her sunshine. I am aching inside just hearing her story because it reminded me so much of my childhood. I began brainstorming, I had to help her. This girl clearly needed an outlet and fast. I know that time is running out, I saw her scars, but she doesn't know that I did. This may be my last chance to make a difference.
© Copyright 2017 ConcreteAngel73 (concreteangel3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138110-Broken-Girl