*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138218-Managing-Newfoundland-Terrain
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Animal · #2138218
Balancing terrain and hunting.



When enjoying the breath taking beauty of Newfoundland and Labrador you must be aware of what you will be dealing with. Specifically, the different terrains that exist. You must be aware of how to deal with this.

The general climate of Newfoundland is varied depending on the season. Except in the case of Coyote hunting, hunting is permitted only during the fall months. At this time of year it tends to be cold and wet, except on a few days. Some warm, summer-like days do occur after September has begun. We deal with wind, rain and a great deal of cold.

When you are hunting for small game or birds, like ducks, you might have to deal with bogs. Bogs are wet, spongy, areas of land that can be difficult, but not impossible to navigate. The spongy nature of bogs can mean difficult for walking. There is a possibility of sinking into the land. A sturdy pair of hip or chest waders can protect you and keep you dry as you traverse bogs on your hunt. You need a good, sturdy pair of boots with good treads. A hiking staff might be very useful as you make your way.

There are dead, infertile areas called barrens. Here the only concern is the temperature that you are dealing with on your hunt.

In almost any area there will be points of long grass. It can be beaten down, generally by your boots, but you might want a large knife to cut through this long brush.

For any hunt you need make use of some type of All Terrain Vehicle. This should solve your problems at least until you have to go on foot to find your game.


© Copyright 2017 amy-Has a great future ahead (shyone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138218-Managing-Newfoundland-Terrain