*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138535-Hope
Rated: E · Short Story · Mythology · #2138535
A short creative allegory on how hope became a part of this world.
There was once an astonishing goddess with the darkest most enchanting hair in the world. Her lips perfectly red and eyes bluer than the ocean. However she was so quiet and solitary that she brought upon despair to any human she touched. However once she fell in love with a charming young man who was sleek and slick with lies. He cheated every situation and was called chaos.
Chaos and Despair gave birth to a child with honey blond hair and amber glazed eyes that could soften anyones mood in a second. Despair and chaos broke apart and the child had lived with Despair. She grew up dancing in sunsets and tasting the clouds of cotton candy on hot summer days.
Despair had not one name for this child. Who grew into a strong willed beautiful young woman. However the other gods told Despair that it was time to place the young demigod onto earth and live there on her own. To choose her own destiny. Despair was heartbroken and devastated, the amber haired child tasted black licorice and anise for days while only smelling smoke and anger. Despair then called the child over and explained how she had to banish her to earth. The child took the news in carefully and with a lot of thought. Her light amber eyes changed to a scotch color and told Despair she understood. So Despair sent her out to earth but not before telling her child that she has found a name.
Hope. She told hope that as long as she thinks of her name and remembers that the clouds taste like cotton candy and rain will always be fresh and take place of Hope's tears she will never forget where she belongs. Hope nodded and descended to earth where humans took her in gladfully and Hope had given human life the gift of an emotion that would fill their bellies without eating. It made even the most lost found in which thus the emotion was named after Hope. Despair's daughter.
© Copyright 2017 Anthurnherr (anthurnherr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138535-Hope