*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138589-My-Base-Station
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Documentary · Technology · #2138589
A box used to take signals from a video transmitter, and put them on a Video Monitor.
There is a great deal of complexity... at least in my mind, for what the process is to take a signal from my FPV aircraft and project it onto a tripod monitor that a spotter can use, giving him the ability to see the same images that I am seeing in my Fat Shark goggles.

At the center of my Ground station is a rectangular Quantum box with the following features.

On End 1 there are brackets for two 5.8 Getz receivers.

Under each receiver are plugs for 4 jacks.

1. The green jack is for a RSSI (Reciver Signal Strength Indicator.)
2. On the other end is a receptacle for a power jack.
3. In the middle are video 1 and 2.

On the front are three sets of receptacles for cable jacks.

1. Set 1 are the RSSI receptacles. One has a #2 written on it and the other is labeled "Default."
2. Set 2 are labeled "Video In" One has a #2 written on it and the other is labeled "Default."
3. Set 3 are labeled "Video Out." These consist of 3 Jack receptacles.

On End 2 is a battery hatch. There are cables for providing power to the box. The power is a 4 cell LIPO battery.

1. The batter slides inside and attaches to the connector inside.
2. The balance port connects to an LED screen that shows the status of the batter and the cells inside. It can be programmed to give a beep if battery voltage falls below a preprogrammed level.

On the back are output port receptacles and an on/off switch

1. Is a receptacle for a 5 volt connector.
2. A UFC port
3. The On/Off switch
4. Four (4) 12 volt output receptacles.

The Monitor sits atop the box and has 2 Yellow RCA connectors, One white RCA connector one black power connector and a large black circular plug of some sort or other.

The Base Station Box is designed to simplify all the hook up of all the connecting cables.

1. There are 2 green RSSI connectors that plug into each of the diversity receivers. The idea is that the box will tell the video screen which of the diversity receivers has the best signal and choose that one to display on the screen

2. There are two thin black cables that connect to Video 1 and 2, connecting the receivers to the base station.

3. There is a 12 volt LIPO that I am having to use because I dont have the right cable to run from the 12 volt output jack.

4. There is a black RCA cable with 2 Yellow male connectors that attaches on one side to one of the Video Out ports to a yellow RCA female connector on the Video Monitor.

© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138589-My-Base-Station