*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138724-A-Sky-Full-of-Stars-Part-II
by AME
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2138724
On the other side, what is he thinking? (This is a continuation to A Sky Full of Stars)
A Sky Full of Stars (Part II)


         The piles of documents just wouldn’t vanish, no matter how hard he willed them to. He stared at the mess of documents in despair and let out a sigh of frustration. He needed a break. Away from all this. How he longed to just pack a bag, leave, and never return for a long, long time.

         He lifted his head and stared out of the window into the night. It was so quiet. He could see a few lighted windows in some buildings, but most of the lights were out. He wished he was among those people who were already in their beds, fast asleep and dreaming.

         He closed his eyes and contemplated his choices and his next course of action. Finally, he decided.

         It was time for a vacation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


         He floated lazily on his back in the water. He had known that the villa on the mountains which he had bought years ago would come on handy sometime. He relished the feeling of being alone, far away from human civilisation without anything to worry about, where he could just... live.

         As the water lapped gently around him, he gazed up at the sky. It was easily the most spectacular view he had ever seen. Full of stars, the sky had never looked so beautiful before. Silently, he picked out the constellations that he knew.

         Big Dipper, the Southern Cross, Orion’s Belt...

         Thoughts of her suddenly invaded his mind. Memories of them stargazing together, him teaching her to look out for constellations. He smiled with a touch of sadness at the bittersweet memory.

         Where was she now? he wondered. Was she looking at the same stars he was? Does she even remember him anymore?

         And as memories were replayed, the stars burned brightly in the sky, unblinking.
© Copyright 2017 AME (andreame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138724-A-Sky-Full-of-Stars-Part-II