*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138783-Fat-Fan-Fiction-Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer
by 0001
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #2138783
BtVS S01E03 "Witch" ended with Amy going to stay with her Dad, to get her fat on brownies.
Buffy S01E03 "Witch" end with Amy walking off with Buffy, saying that she's going to stay with her Dad who wants her to come home as soon as school ends every day and sit eating his home-made brownies (not pot or anything, just the purely chocolatey kind). She's pretty sure he *wants* her to get fat, if only so that she won't be as completely obsessed about cheerleading, like her literal witch-mom was. She is perfectly happy to get fat (and, honestly, going straight home after school and staying there is probably the safest thing you could be doing in Sunnydale.)

Buffy responds by claiming that, this year, "fat's in for spring". Getting fat on brownies is actually the height of fashion. Cordelia's trying to top 200lbs.

...well, ok, so "Fat Amy" eventually turned out to be "addicted to dark magic Amy" and the promise of fat fashion was intended to be a joke. ...But what if it wasn't? What if the Amy Madison we see becoming a dark-magic-addict in later seasons was actually a different character who just happened to have the same name? (And didn't really look similar, honest.) What if, in the Buffyverse, 1997 really was the year that the whole world suddenly decided: "Hey. You know what looks *great*? Being morbidly obese."

Just a thought.
© Copyright 2017 0001 (001a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138783-Fat-Fan-Fiction-Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer