*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139352-Magic
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2139352
Flash Fiction
Magic

Rita was eyeing the Halloween dish, still a few left and she hadn’t had any kids for a while. She started to get up to nab some chocolate when the doorbell rang.

“Trick or Treat,” said a strangely hoarse voice coming from a very small clown. Rita looked for the child’s parents, then assumed they must be staying behind the bushes to let the child be independent. ‘I must put on a good show,’ she thought.

“Oh, my!” she said, “What a lovely clown you are!” and she stepped onto the stoop with her bowl of candy. Immediately a handcuff was snapped around her wrist.

“Thought you got away, didn’t you Mezmeract!” said the hoarse voice, pulling off his mask.

“Randel! how did you find me!”

“Well, I knew you’d pick earth, you always talked about it as if it was such a la de da place!”

“Well, I know some other things about earth... Sala-gadoola-menchicka-boo-la bibbidi-bobbidi-boo !!” she yelled.

Randel shrieked, then turned into a pumpkin.

“Well,” said Randel, the pumpkin, “I know a thing or two about earth too!! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo-back!” Randel immediately turned back into a clown, and Rita turned into a pumpkin!

“Oh yeah! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo-back-BACK!” said Rita the pumpkin.

“Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo-back-back-back!” Randel yelled, spitting out some pumpkin seeds this time.

***
Ten minutes later Gerald Green stood on Rita’s porch with his kids. “Ring the bell again” said Sadie, “Somebody must be home, the lights are on, and the porch light is on.”

“Maybe they’re just lighting up their Halloween decorations,” said Gerald.

“I hope not,” said little Jack, “these pumpkins are starting to smell...”
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139352-Magic