*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139700-Addictive-Pies
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2139700
A tale from beyond the shadows
Addictive Pies

"Shocking altogether the cops around here must be deaf and blind, I mean to say that is the seventh in a short period" He stood there and nodded with a suitably concerned look on his face as the old crone droned on and on. The queue behind her was growing longer by the minute and there was murmurings of discontent that grew louder by the second. He stole a quick sideways glance at the stack of pies on the counter top to his left. It was decreasing at a very rapid rate he looked up again at the growing line of people behind the nattering woman.
At this rate he would have to limit the purchase amount to two pies per patron, even at that some people would be disappointed. This job was getting more stressful by the day, most evenings he ran out of product and the anger of those left without was a sight to behold. I mean to say here he was working hard providing a quality product and they end up hurling abuse at him.
He had to physically shove the people out and force the doors shut before slamming the bolt home. Savages the whole lot of them, he had often thought about selling the recipe to one of the big food companies. Take the money and run, but that recipe was in the family for generations., since long before they had come to this country. In the store area he looked into the big freezer, Just three left. Time to shut shop and move again with only three carcasses left he would never have enough ingredients and they were already bitching about the seven missing children.

© Copyright 2017 Patrick G Moloney (patrickmoloney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139700-Addictive-Pies