*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140180-Bus-Ride-Short
Rated: E · Fiction · Friendship · #2140180
Scene on the bus that I came up with during class today. (Dragons!)
I lean my head against the bus window. It was a cold and dreary evening, everything dripping wet from the fifth downpour this week. Cars sped by, those inept drivers often veered left and right, like they hasn't passed driver's ed. Then again, It's kind of hard to drive with claws. Where we are- wait, where are we? I get out my phone and gently tap 'Maps' with my pointer claw. New Franklin? Dang, just yesterday we were still in my home province of Anghar. "How much longer..." I groan to myself, the two day trip to the city of Smallstone feeling longer every time. "We're roughly 2.675293 hours away!" Said the dragon with glasses next to me. I didn't think anyone had heard me, but apparently he had. I reply with, "Thanks, I guess, just wish it were closer." I sit back up and he gives a nod of agreement. I decide I at least need to introduce myself, regardless of how nerdy he was. Besides, it has been almost three hours on the bus today already. I sit up, half looking at him and say, "Name's Kasai, by the way, umm... nice to meet you." He looks at me and smiles. "Thanks!" He said, "Same to you, my name is Nick!" I slightly cringe at his enthusiasm, the look back to the window, but I could tell he was still looking at me, so I say, "So... what are you going to Smallstone for?" He sighs. "I'm heading up here for schooling... my parents think I need to learn astrophysics now, and I can't convince them otherwise. Why do I need astrophysics if I'm going to code video games?" My eyes open a little, and I sit back up. "So, you like video games too?" I say, hoping for a 'yes'. "Of course!" He half squeals. I put aside his over the top excitement for hope I finally found someone to talk to on the bus. "So... video games..."

The 2.675293 hours flew by after that... Needless to say, three weeks later, we've been in touch since, and he even taught me some things!

Looking back farther, I should've talked to more people on my trips to Smallstone...
© Copyright 2017 BlazingFingerz (ejdaboss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140180-Bus-Ride-Short