*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140973-Brains-over-Brawn
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2140973
Flash Fiction
Brains over Brawn

“They’re too big; we can’t beat them.” Rina said.

“Nonsense, they’re big, we’re small, that’s size. We can be clever.” Tad answered.

“Clever? Are we supposed to fool them into giving all our supplies back? They wouldn’t even let us near what they’ve stolen.”

“So we will need to be sneaky too, sneaky and clever. They’re big, they’re loud, but they’re not very smart.

“What are you thinking...?”

The plan was made. First they moved what was left of their supplies to a more secure spot. Then they went to the square, as usual. Staying near the edge, they began talking, a bit loudly.

“I don’t believe a word. Nobody has that much stuff piled up,” Rina started.

“I’ve seen it!” Tad said, “It’s just in a high place. We’d need help, to get it down. If we can get the guys to help us before those people come back, I know we can get it!”

“That would last all winter! Where is it?” Rina said.

“In the barn behind that green house.”

Suddenly there was whispering going around, and within two minutes they were alone in the square. “Let’s go!” Tad said.

Half an hour later they had all their stolen supplies back, safely stashed in the new location and they got back to the square before anyone else returned, getting the best of the new supplies too.

“They must have gotten in,” Tad mumbled quietly to Rina, watching squirrels coming into the square. “Hope they think the people moved it all.”

“I’m sure they do,” Rina mumbled back, “You were right, squirrels are very loud, but apparently not very smart.”

The two chipmunks smiled at each other and headed back to their new nest with all the best seeds from the feeders today bulging in their cheeks.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140973-Brains-over-Brawn