*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141072-Partners
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2141072
Flash Fiction
Partners

“Get off my back!” Old Rand whispered between gritted teeth to his newly assigned partner.

“I can’t see.” Tib sighed, as Rand shook him off.

“Not my fault you’re short,” Rand shot back, then felt bad. “Here, get in front of me.” He stepped back far enough for Tib to squeeze in front. They peered through the hole into the dark kitchen.

“How long do you think he’ll stay?” Tib whispered, still leery of humans.

“Don’t know, doesn’t matter, we wait. He’s good, leaves lots of crumbs. 8:37 AM big hair one cleans it up. She already went upstairs. I know that because when she’s upstairs, he doesn’t turn on the lights, and leaves even more crumbs! We’ll probably get a feast!”

“Ohhh, that sounds nice. I haven’t had a full tummy in weeks.”

“Yeah, it’s the weather, they don’t leave as much out when it’s cold as they do when it’s warm.”

“Why not?”

“Don’t know.”

Suddenly the light snapped on in the kitchen. “Fred! What are you doing! The doctor said no snacks or you’ll never get that cholesterol down!”

“Just getting some milk, helps me sleep...” he said, turning to pull out a glass.

“Oh, Honey, I’m sorry! I’m just looking out for you, let me get it.” She took the glass and soon they left the kitchen together.

“Well... I guess we’re not getting anything here,” Rand said, his tummy grumbling at the thought.

“No so fast...” Tib said, squeezing through the hole and scrambling across the counter to where the man had been standing. He pulled something from behind a canister. A block of cheese! “I knew I could smell something!”

Rand looked at Tib, annoying, short Tib, with apparently the best nose he’d met in years! “Good job partner!” he said, and he meant it.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141072-Partners