*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141353-Maria-And-The-Tattoo
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2141353
Found a prompt online and went with it
Maria, a beautiful brown eyed blonde woman of 22, woke up this morning to a strange new tattoo just to the right of her heart. It was a blood red heart with a dagger through it. She looked it over in the mirror and all she could feel was the pounding of her heart in her chest. She felt like she was going to throw up. She was planning to see her boyfriend for dinner tonight and had been desperately hoping that after their 5 years together he was going to propose. Now she was second guessing that as she knew this tattoo must be something instrumental to her life or it wouldn't have appeared overnight, and it being in that spot really scared her. She went about her normal day, pushing it out of her mind. She drove to work on autopilot, putting this morning’s event behind her and was looking forward to seeing Joey tonight. I mean, today was their 5-year anniversary and he was taking her to the most expensive restaurant in town. How bad could it really be?

She got to work and clocked in, finally putting it out of her mind. Right before her first break was scheduled, she heard her co-worker call over the loudspeaker that she had a call on line 1. She pardoned herself from the conversation she was having with a customer, and asked a co-worker nearby to take over, and quickly walked to the front of the store. She picked up the phone in her trembling hands and it was then she remembered the tattoo. She announced herself and listened carefully to the sad voice on the other end. They were calling to inform her that joey had been in rollover accident and been unable to be revived on scene. She started crying and asked her manager if she could leave to see him one last time. She drove as fast as should could, but tried to remember to be safe. She didn’t want to end up like Joey now did she? When she arrived at the hospital, she went down to the morgue and said her goodbyes, but it wasn't until she was handed Joey's personal effects that she finally understood the tattoo. Amongst his wallet, phone and clothes was a little black box. He was going to propose after all.
© Copyright 2017 DarcyAndraBeth (darcyandrabeth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141353-Maria-And-The-Tattoo