*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141653-Marriage
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2141653
Three Minute Read
Marriage

“Randal Street.” Sandy and Al said at the same time, smiling. They had been married for barely a year and she still delighted at the fact that they thought so much alike. Often they would come up with the same answer at the same time, like now.

They had been trying to decide the best route to take to Sandy’s mother’s house. They had errands at the mall and the hardware store, but needed to be at Sandy’s mother’s by one, for the family cookout.

“And you know,” Sandy said, “if we hurry, we can stop at Pete’s and bring homemade ice cream!”

“But won’t it melt?”

“No, it’s only ten minutes to Mom’s from there.”

“Twenty-five.”

“From the post office?”

“Wrong end of Randal Street, Honey.”

“No... get off at Pike.”

“No, get off at Trent...”

“What were you thinking?”

“Go to the mall, then to Harry’s Hardware, then take Randal from Allen Ave, get off at Trent and go to Mom’s. Why? Wasn’t that what you were thinking?”

“I was thinking, go to Danvers Hardware, then to the Mall, park in the ‘G’ lot so when we got out we would take Randal from the Post Office end, get off at Pike which ends at the street Pete’s is on, then to Mom’s.”

“Oh... Yeah I guess that would work too...”

Sandy looked at Al, suddenly wondering how many of their other “think alike” moments were actually so far off. ‘Oh well,’ she thought, ‘I guess this is what happens in a marriage.’

Fifty-two years later, she was certain of it.

They were still married.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141653-Marriage