*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142560-Strange
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #2142560
Internal battles of becoming who you want to be.
It's strange how quickly you can become a new version of yourself.
When you throw yourself in so deep that the sun is blotted out.

It's certainly not easy feeling false all the time, the conflict with your long learned self a battlefield of doubt, fear and longing.

The person you are and the person you long to be, each with a finger on a trigger at point blank range.
For neither can live while the other survives.

'Say yes' that confident voice says within you, so your lips dance with words that have not been assessed.
The faster they move the less time to falter. Every possibility sings that things might go the way that you instantly wished.

How strange that the person who overthought every detail of every action has now been set free.
Confidence, spontaneity, laughter and daring are leading the way.

© Copyright 2017 Wanderer (wanderer16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142560-Strange