*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143002-The-Great-Crayon-War
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #2143002
When crayons fight...
President Crayola was in a doodle. A war had started under his regime and no show of force or amount of reason could stop his loyal subjects from fighting.

It had started when the secondary colors demanded equal treatment and use on the coloring pages. Of course, the primary colors weren't about to give up their esteemed positions. And so, the purples scribbled in the red's territory and the yellows retaliated by marking up the green's land. The President had to call Mr. Eraser to clean the mess...but it wasn't long before the colors were scrawling their complaints on the walls again.

Crayola sighed. Unpeeled crayons limped from their boxed homes to battle on the carpet, their broken bodies scattered in all directions as they fought. His minions were dying. He shook his head, knowing what he had to do but was loathe to put the action into motion.

Writing out a proclamation, President Crayola mandated that Rainbow World be divided into six sections, one part for each primary or secondary color. Each section eventually became its own country with its own laws and clearly defined borders that nobody was allowed to cross because, as we all know, you can't color outside the lines.



(204 words)
© Copyright 2017 Genipher (geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143002-The-Great-Crayon-War