*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143473-In-the-Rain
Rated: E · Prose · Young Adult · #2143473
Dance with me
I have never been as in love with you as I am in this moment and I love you more each second. Earlier, you pulled me into the pouring rain. You watched me shiver with delight when the first drops brushed my skin, and I watched you wrinkle your nose when you felt your scalp get wet. Then, you took my hand and we danced over the wood, cement, and grass. I pulled you close and you kissed me. We stayed like that for a while, kissing in the rain. Eventually, though, it got too cold, so I dragged you inside. We took turns changing and while you went, I made coffee. You came up behind me while I was fixing it and wouldn't let me go until I told you I'd pour your drink out if you didn't. Now, you're in my lap, listening to me type and speak. You are half asleep and appear to be at peace. I run my fingers through your hair and you grab my hand and place it on your cheek. I watch you fall asleep and wonder how the heck I became lucky enough to keep you.
© Copyright 2017 Aby Normal (abygayle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143473-In-the-Rain