*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143561-Grammie
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2143561
Three Minute Read
Grammie

"'… not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.'”

“Why not?”

“Why not what?”

“Was it hot chocolate?”

“What?”

“I love hot chocolate, I always stir my marshmallows in. Why did the mouse have hot chocolate? Isn't there reindeer in this story? Do they have hot chocolate too?”

“Charlie, it wasn't hot chocolate. It was a different kind of stirring. It means everyone was asleep.”

“Oh. I don't get it.”

“Never mind, I'll explain later. 'When up on the rooftop…'”

“Outside?”

“Huh?”

“The roof outside?”

“Yes… there arose such a clatter…”

“What's a clatter? Is it like a ladder? Was it sleeping on the roof?”

“Charlie! Just let me read this, please? I'll answer all your questions later, ok?”

“When we're fixing the tree?”

“What?”

“You said we could fix the tree later.”

“I did?”

“When I said we needed more tinsel. You said you probably had some in the garage and we could get it, and fix the tree later, remember?”

“Oh, yes, I forgot.”

“It was after you said that we could go skating on Saturday.”

“I never said we could go skating Saturday…”

“You said you'd think about it”

“You know I don't have skates.”

“Are we going to fix the tree?”

“Yes! But I didn't have more tinsel so we have to go shopping. You could visit Santa!”

“Yes! And I know what I'm going to ask him for too!”

“What's that?”

“Ice skates for you, so we can go skating!”

Grammie sighed. “Tell you what, why don't I get my own skates at the mall and we can go skating on the way home.”

“That would be great!!”

Grammie sighed. Apparently taking care of a six-year-old was a lot harder to do now, than it was when she was thirty.

© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143561-Grammie