*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143781-The-Jersey-Devil
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2143781
The news on the Jersey Devil, a hideous monster.
It has been recorded and past down for many generation, hoof like prints have been found roaming the country side in different parts of the world. One sighting was discover back in 1855, after a heavy snowstorm in Devon, Ireland. These tracks went on for miles in a straight line, wherever there were walls, or buildings or lakes or rivers this creature's track seam to have stop and continue on the other side as if it had wings or some type of mystical powers. One naturalist drew pictures of the hoof prints and took measurements in different parts of the country side. He noted that the creature stood on two legs, because the tracks were the same distance apart throughout the whole journey.
Some clergymen began yelling at their church members and townspeople to repent now, because they believe it was the devil who had come to take the lost souls away. Some have claim to have gotten a glimace of the creature in the night. They described the creature has being hideous and hard to look at. The creature had eyes like fire and a fork like tongue, its head was shape like a horse with ram like horns that sat on top of it's head. The body was crooked and scaly with patches of fur and thistles running along it's back. It had two huge bat like wings that would show the faces of it's victims smother up against one another in a grotesque looking fashion. The creature's under body was soft and furry, full of snowy white hair, this was it's most vulnerable part, but it had an armadillo like shield around it's chest area. It's two muscular forearms with tiger claws was used to rip a part it's victims flesh.
The townspeople soon began to call this creature the Jeresy Devil. Few said they had lost their children and some livestock to this creature. They have seen and fought the creature with their own axes and picks only to have the thistles on the creature's back to grow and discharge their weapons right back at them . Many were killed by their own axes and picks, some were able to escaped, but lost either a leg or an arm.
The townspeople began bolting their doors and windows at night in hopes of keeping the Jersey Devil out. The children huddle close to one another or to their parents has the creature slowly walk by, flapping it's wings in the midnight's air. It would make a huge whistling like a siren, which cause the children's ears to go deaf. The flames from it's eyes would cause a man to go blind and the spikes on it's back were filled with so much venom, it could paralysis a man or even kill him.
There is no defeating this creature, only escaping and hiding. Sometimes this was even hard to accomplish, because the Jersey Devil had a great sense of smell and could sniff out any warm blooded being miles away. They soon discover it's dislike taste of feces and garlic smells, which they spread around the boarders of the town. This of course made the town smell bad, but it kept them safe and they were able to carry on with their daily life without having to worry about the Jersey Devil attacking them. Until it had given up and left town to hunt down other victims in another country.

© Copyright 2017 julianne (fantasy2horror at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143781-The-Jersey-Devil