*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144013-Dont-Blink
Rated: E · Fiction · Entertainment · #2144013
The Time Lord returns to save Christmas.
"Sounds like someone left their parking brakes on," I peered out the window and grinned. Lizzy's eyes widened in surprise as she dropped her spoon into her cereal bowl.

"Is it…him?"

I grabbed a coat and tossed it at her, "It has to be. Something about this season draws him to England. Most of our best adventures have been around Christmas."

Lizzy squealed and clapped her hands, dropping her coat to the floor. As she bent to pick it up, the front door burst open.

"Hello, sweetie," a familiar voice chirped.

"It's you!" Lizzie shrieked.

"Who?" the man grinned, winking over Lizzie's head at me. Lizzie giggled and bounced on her toes, sending blond curls springing like tiny slinkies.

"You got in with your sonic screwdriver, didn't you?" Lizzie gushed, "Can I hold it? Oh, and will you show me the Tardis? Pleeeease?"

"What's the deal?" I laughed, blocking Lizzie before she could tackle the Doctor with a giant bear hug, "Are the Daleks back?"

"Nope."

I could feel my eyebrows rise as my heart jumped a beat, "Cybermen?"

"Not this time," the Doctor smirked, tossing his screwdriver in the air and catching it in his opposite hand.

"Weeping Angels?"

"Wrong again."

I crossed my arms over my chest and frowned, "Then what…"

"Our special moments are being seized by a horrendous creature," the Doctor shook his head, "If we don't stop it, we will forget each other. Forever."

Lizzie gasped, "But if Auntie Jean never meets you…neither will I!"

The Doctor gave a gentle tug on one of Lizzie's curls, "Trust me. We will stop it. In fact," the Doctor pulled back a sleeve and looked at his wristwatch, "It's due to arrive in a few hours. That should be enough time to set up a trap and catch the creature."

Lizzie yanked at his arm and squinted at his wrist, "What kind of watch is that?"

"A wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey one."

I glanced at Lizzie and bit my lower lip, "This will be dangerous. I think I should call your mum and have her pick you up early."

"Awwww, Auntie Jean! I wanted to see the inside of the Tardis! And go on an adventure, like you did!"

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but…"

"Actually," the Doctor interrupted, "We're going to need her help. You see, this horrible beast is…" he hesitated, "Well, it's Santa."

My mouth dropped open in disbelief.

"Not the real Santa, mind you," he hastened to add, "This one is mechanical."

"A robot?" I squealed, thinking of both the Daleks and the Cybermen.

"Robot Santa has been a very naughty boy this year," the Doctor tsked, "He's been using an automated sleigh and eight, ahem, bionic time traveling deer to nick precious moments from every Christmas since time began."

"And how, Doctor, does Lizzie play into this scheme of yours?" I planted my hands on my hips and glowered.

"Santa loves kids," the Doctor grinned, adjusting his bow tie, "Lizzie will sit on his lap and distract him by blethering on about all the trinkets she wants while I disable his, uh, sled."

"I don't know…"

"Pleeeease Auntie Jean? The Doctor needs me!"

Throwing my hands up in the air, I gave in.

"Fine." I grumbled.

"Allons-y!" Lizzie cried, rushing for the door.

The Doctor grimaced as he followed the eager little girl, "Hey, that's my line!"












© Copyright 2017 Genipher (geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144013-Dont-Blink