*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144741-Flash-2
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2144741
An inventor celebrates New Years Eve
Torun is a great inventor, a bonafide genius. She was the one who recently invented “The HaPNY”, a great machine that could write “Happy New Year” on a piece of ordinary paper at a push of a button. It has been predicted that within twenty years, every big city on earth will have a central HaPNY. She also invented “Carrie”, a thing with wheels that, given enough time, could carry a ladder from one end of the city to another without much damage.
I’m also an inventor. I’m not half as good as Torun, of course, but I do my best. I have a tendency to invent useless stuff, like… like Flowers, for instance; green sticks with colourful and nice smelling things at the top. If you stick them into plain soil they can produce grains that make more Flowers. Thy are nice to look at, but really useless.
Sven is the boy I love. When we met, I invented a cushion for him, a cushion that could make little angels on pinkish clouds dance around him while singing sweet songs or tiny steam trains with carts of candy and whistles that felt like kisses, - or other things depending on his mood. He liked it. When he slept, he used to hug it like a baby.
One day Sven met Torun on the Annual Invention Fair in Main City and left me. I don’t blame him. Torun is a genius, I’m a nobody, but I was sad. Then Torun stole my cushion invention and remade it to produce funny, awkward sounds when you sat on it. She got a medal for that invention.
Today is New Years Eve. I better go down to Town Center and watch the mayor push the HaPNY button. Maybe I see Sven and Torun there.
© Copyright 2018 slegyras (slegyras at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144741-Flash-2