*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145205-I-Saw-You-Today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Personal · #2145205
A letter to her...
I saw you today. Not you but you, the box that will define you from now on. It was white with pretty floral, velvet designs all across it. The latches tight, hiding you from view. People cried, but they also smiled thinking of you. They wrote words, sayings, quotes, and memories only you would know, on your box. I held your sister for dear life. I couldn’t imagine you fitting in such a small box, you were too big. Too big for that box, too big for this world. I cried listening to your sisters heave, they shook. They didn’t deserve to lose you. You were gone too soon, you left them without knowing it was your last time seeing them, holding them, and talking to them. You left after only 21 years. You deserved better. You deserved life full of art. You deserved the world at your feet. You deserved to photograph every corner of this Earth, you deserved so much. I cry just thinking of you concealed to the limit of that damn box. I cry thinking of the loss your family feels. I cry knowing that I won’t ever see you come running down those stairs just to tell off your sisters. I saw you for the last time today.
© Copyright 2018 Alexis Nordstrum (hidden_in_sand at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145205-I-Saw-You-Today