*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/2145576-Sangrevillians
Rated: 13+ · Folder · Supernatural · #2145576
Demonic Politician attempts to turn a Vampire Town into a Tourist Resort.
Sangrevillians
By Yesmrbill

This is a sequel to my novella "Sangreville" which is also posted here on writing.com
 SANGREVILLE  (13+)
New Girl in "Vampire Town" High, tries to fit in with her living and undead classmates.
#2133121 by Yesmrbill


xxxxxxxxxxxx
Chapter 1

Now was the morning after Roxanna Morgan had been killed.

My Mom had left for work. I’d come to my room. Before going to sleep, I went over to my lap top, checking out what was on the Sangreville High student’s website. That morning, the website displayed a picture of our classmate Roxana Morgan lying dead on the sidewalk outside the teen hangout called the Bouncing Casket, where we’d left her the night before, with blood on her naked boobies, and a deep bloody gash between them.

I was involved in that? I wondered. I Elaine Harris was an accomplice in the revenge killing of Roxanna Morgan? She had not gotten away with murder. Would I?

I had prayed to the Lord about this. I wondered. He’d told me to take no revenge. He’d said that if Roxanna was hungry I should feed her; or if she was thirsty, I should give her something to drink. So I had paid for her glass of root beer. That was after she’d run outside the Bouncing Casket, where I knew that Nathan and Diana were waiting.

Is she now in Hell, getting burning coals dumped on her head? Is that what I should look forward to for myself?

No! “I have accepted Christ as my Savior, so all my sins are forgiven, and I have no guilt before the Lord. His undeserved, total forgiveness is extended to all sinners, who accept Christ as Savior; including me.”

So I won’t be going to Hell. I wondered. Does that mean that I won’t get in any trouble at all?

“No guilt? 'The scandal of God’s grace'?”

If you can call it a "scandal", then there is gonna be trouble. The question is, how much, and what kind of trouble will it be?

I clicked again on the same page, and found another gory photo. This one displayed the decapitated head of my cousin, the Staker Vampire Staker, Paula Sheridan, who Roxanna Morgan had murdered.

Above the photo was the statement, “Sacrificed to Vampirania; as was Roxanna Morgan. Now all is right in Sangreville.”

Beneath this photo was the comment, “Do Not Provoke the Wrath of Vampirania!”

No! I thought. This is too much! Are they serious? All is right in Sangreville? My cousin and my classmate are both murdered, and everything is “All right”?

“Don’t provoke the wrath of…” the demon?

No! God’s Word says, “Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.”

But hadn’t my resisting the Devil, lead to my Cousin Paula getting killed, and then my classmate Roxanna killed, in retaliation? It had also led to me almost getting killed myself. Hadn’t it also led to Diana and Nathan becoming vampires?

Does God really want me to keep on to doing what might lead to more of these things?

Now I remembered another scripture. It says something like “Cast your cares upon the Lord…” I forgot what else it says.

“Okay Lord. You be the One who handles this ‘resisting the Devil so he flees’ business. I’ve had enough!”

Now I went to my bed. I got under the covers and shut my eyes.

There’s no way, I thought, that I’m gonna be getting a good day’s sleep today.

What I was thinking was; I don’t want to keep resisting the Devil in the way I’ve been doing it. I obviously have no idea how to do it right.
That’s the same reason I didn’t want to become the Staker Vampire. I wouldn’t have known how to handle that either.

But Diana knew. She asked the vampire kids around her for help; and she’s now got more than a half dozen of our classmates working with her.

That’s it! To resist the Devil in a way that works, I’m going to need more people’s help.

I again remembered more scripture; Jesus’ words. “Wherever two or three are gathered in my Name, there I will be in the midst of them.”

Would those two or three include any vampires? Are there any other vampires here in Sangreville, who the Lord has also called?

Again I prayed. “If there are any other vampires who you’ve called, could you please introduce them to me? Thank you. Good night. I mean Good day.”

Then I shut my eyes, but I still couldn’t sleep. While I had been praying to the Lord in faith, I also had evil thoughts going through my mind. I was indulging in daydreams of biting some of my hunky guy classmates, and sucking out their blood ‘til they died. I was even having those same daydreams about some of the guys back in Greenfields; including my former boyfriend Larry.

Then I did fall asleep; and I, Elaine Harris the Vampire dreamed, but not about me biting people.

In my dream it was night. I stood on the sidewalk outside the Dark Arts R Us Shop, facing the spot where Roxanna had been killed. I saw Roxanna alive and standing up straight, and she was naked. She stood between Nathan and Diana who were fully clothed. This time Nathan was not holding a stake. He held a machete. He held its sharpened edge against the back of Roxanna’s neck.

He pulled the blade back. Then he slashed it forward through her neck. Roxanna’s head came off and fell to the sidewalk, rolling in my direction, where it stopped at my feet.

Her body became a nudie display; a wobbling fountain of flesh, with blood gushing up out of her neck stump to twice her height, then splashing down on Nathan and Diana. They both opened their mouths, and began gulping down the girl’s spurting blood. Her body started convulsing, splattering blood in all directions, all over them and splattering some straight at me.

At my feet, Roxanna’s head burst into flame. Then Diana’s head was on fire. So was Nathan’s.

That’s when I woke up. I remembered what I had dreamt, and I wanted to actually take part in the beheading and drinking the gushing blood of somebody. I wasn’t sure who. Anybody’s head and blood would be all right.

Then I thought. No. I’m not just any vampire. I’m the vampire who God has chosen. I have to use self control.

I again remembered the scripture, “Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.”

I had tried to resist, and continued trying, but I just couldn’t get that sadistic dream and those sadistic desires out of my mind.

I thought, I can’t resist the Devil now, but I can control myself. So as long as those thoughts and dreams remain fantasies, and I keep them to myself, they shouldn’t become a problem for anyone other than me.

Now I was asleep again, and dreaming again. This time the dream did not contain sadistic fantasies. I was again standing outside the entrance to the Demon’s Gateway Cavern at night. I again stood beside the body of my Cousin Paula Sheridan, the Staker Vampire who lay dead with an arrow sticking out from deep between her boobs.

Again I heard voices from inside the Cavern chanting. “Come in here! Come in here! Come in here!”

Then I was deep inside the Cavern; with the entrance far above and behind me. All around me the limestone walls were dimly lit. Before me, stood a dimly lit stone idol; almost 20 feet high. I recognized it as the idol of Vampirania; the one who’s photograph was displayed all over Sangreville. It was a piece of finely sculptured white marble; but this marble was alive, moving and breathing.

Now the sculpture spoke, in an echoing, contralto voice.

“Listen to me Elaine Harris.” Vampirana spoke, “Listen and learn. I know you have been told to resist and that I will flee. But do you know what you will be resisting?

“I can be of great benefit to you. I can be of great benefit to your mother, to your Aunt Josephine, to your cousin Diana, your classmate Loretta, her boyfriend Nathan.” She chuckled, “I can even be of great benefit to the one who you girls call ‘Mr. Goodbite’. I can be of great benefit to every person living here in Sangreville. That is all dependent upon you.

“I’m not asking you to do harm to anybody. All I am asking is that you don’t get in my way. If you get in my way, all these people who I’ve mentioned will come to harm. Stay out of my way, and they will receive great benefits.

“Now if you Elaine Harris want to receive great benefits for yourself, remember ‘You can get away with anything you want when you’re living on a Hellmouth.’

Then the idol of living marble said, “I have told you to listen and learn.
Now I say, ‘Seek and discover’. Seek and discover what’s inside the Vampire’s Handbook. Seek and discover what’s inside the Dark Arts R Us Shop. Seek and discover what’s on cable channel 666. Then you will discover what benefits you may receive, as long as you don’t get in my way.”

Then I was awake. I remembered everything I’d just heard and seen in my dream.

That was no dream. I thought. That was real. The message was real; a genuine warning: If I want to avoid trouble for myself, or anyone who I care about; I’d better not get in Vampirana’s way.

But that wasn’t all. The message wasn’t just a warning.

“Seek and discover”?

Now I prayed. “Lord. You heard everything Vampirana just told me. What do you want me to do?”

I knew His answer.

Don’t look in the Vampire’s Handbook. Stay away from the Dark Arts R Us Shop, and don’t watch channel 666. Look in the Bible instead.

I picked up my Bible, but I had no idea where to look. I shut my eyes and spread the pages open. The book had spread opened at its final pages; the beginning of Revelation. Chapter 3; verses 7-11.

“…These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

“I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 2

The time was now 1:30 PM, on the day after the night when Roxanna Morgan had been killed. I lay under the covers in my bed, too restless to get back to sleep; after those two nightmares; should I call them “day-mares”? That term seems too weak. How about “vampire-mares”? “Undead-mares”? “Weird-mares?” Well whatever you call them, they’d got me too worked up. There was no way I’d be getting back to sleep that afternoon.

I looked out the open window, through which a fragrant warm breeze drifted. The day was sunny, warm and the sky a bright clear blue. The neighbors’ lawns with their shrubbery and trees were a luxuriant, bright green. Birds were singing. It was all beautiful, but I was unable to step outside and enjoy it. That was something I’d never be able to do again.

I sighed. Then I decided to fill in the time by watching something on the TV.

I remembered Vampirania’s words. “Seek and discover what’s on cable channel 666.”

Right. I smiled. I’d love to see some sadistic movie or TV Series, or deadly sports, or any kind of blood thirsty entertainment on the demon channel. As a vampire, I knew I’d feel good if I did.

I went into the living room, picked up the remote, turned on the TV, clicked on cable channel 666, wondering what dark things I would discover.

What I discovered was not another Friday the 13th Movie; or another Halloween, or any brainless slasher flick. What I discovered was the re-broadcast of two TV Press Conferences, with a Demonic Woman who was running for Political Office.

Press Conference Transcript

MS. DRISCOLL: My name is Francine Driscoll. I am an American Citizen of Demonic Origin, who is well qualified to represent the, shall we say ‘unique’ Constituency of this Community; and I am campaigning against the widespread domination of Wussyism in our culture. To begin with, I have joined the Nationwide campaign to have all Vampire Towns, and other types of Demon Communities, including my home Community of Sangreville here, designated as ‘Sanctuary Communities’ for Demonic Beings.

Does anyone have any Questions?

ABC REPORTER: Good evening, Francine. Nice to meet you.

If I can jump right in with my first question: What makes you "well-qualified" to represent your community?

MS. DRISCOLL: According to the U.S. Constitution, all anyone needs to do to qualify for public office is be an American Citizen of or above a certain age. The qualifying age to be a Member of the Sangreville Town Council, is 30 years of age. In that I am far more than qualified. I am a demon in human form, who has just celebrated her 1146th birthday. And no one who attended the Party, has any idea of how I was able to blow out all those candles on my birthday cake. I'm not sure about that myself.

Now do you or anyone else have any other questions?

CBS REPORTER: What made you decide to run for office?

MS. DRISCOLL: Well it wasn't a decision I made entirely on my own. The idea didn't just come into my head. It was based on many discussions I've been involved in, over a good amount of time. What we members of the "Ghoulies, Ghosties, Weird Kinds of Beasties, and Things That Go Bump in the Night" Crowd have been discussing, is the fact that we are the ones who actually run things here in Sangreville. We've decided that the time has come for us to come out of the Darkness, and take responsibility for our Community. In order to do that, we needed a spokesman; or spokeswoman; or spokes-being.

Since I'm the Member of the Supernatural Crowd, who spends the most amount of time with the ordinary Mortal Citizens of Sangreville, I'm the one who's been chosen for the task. The Mortals know me as the owner of the Forbidden Arts R Us Magic Shop; and part owner of the Bouncing Casket Nightclub. They see me in both places all the time. They know that I'm an easy person to get along with. That just makes me the natural choice to be the Supernatural Candidate. I not only have the support of the Dark Beings, I also have the backing of a very large number of mortal citizens.

NBC REPORTER: How is it going with door to door campaigning? Does sensitivity to sunlight present a problem for you in meeting with your constituents?

MS. DRISCOLL: There is no "Door to door campaigning" going on. All the campaign meetings are taking place at night, inside the Bouncing Casket Nightclub; where the crowds are very large and very enthusiastic. Very few people are showing up at any of my opponent's events.

LOCAL REPORTER: Do you have any love interests?

MS. DRISCOLL: No Comment!!!!

CBS REPORTER: Are the poles open at night? What strategy do you have to get your voters registered and to get them to the poles on Election Day—er Night?

MS. DRISCOLL: The poles will be opened from 6 AM until 9 PM. Plenty of time for every registered voter in Sangreville, the vast majority of whom are mortals, to vote. On the first Tuesday in November, those who are allergic to daylight, will have 2 & 1/2 hours of darkness in which to cast their ballots.

NBC REPORTER: Candidate Driscoll.

Do you have a campaign manager? What about the size of your war chest? And have you received funding from a political party? Lastly, when is your next fund raising event, so that I can attend? What about yard signs? Do you have colors and a slogan?

MS. DRISCOLL: What is my Slogan? "Wussyism Must Die!"

I tell you gal, this entire Dimension of Humanity on Earth is dying from Wussyism!

There's this big Holiday Game coming up; the "Gladiators" versus the "Warriors". Everyone says they're gonna "massacre" each other. But guess what? They're not real gladiators or real warriors. Those are the just the names of football teams; and when they call it a "massacre", it's just a figure of speech. Nobody is going to die! What's the point of having a holiday, if nobody's gonna die?

I think that's a good question for a demonic candidate to ask. Would you agree?

Now I remember back in the Demon Realm, when I attended ole' Beelzebub High. All our team sports were genuine massacres; and everyone who got killed, had his or her head impaled on a stake. Then when the game ended, one cheerleader from the winning team was always hanged from the losing team's goal post. That was just to be fair, and it was the right thing to do. Don't you agree?

Well as for me, I fought on the girl's squad, of the Gladiator Team. I killed more than a dozen opponents. I got killed myself, and my own head was impaled on stakes four times. Then the next day, our headless bodies stood up, walked over to the stakes, picked up our heads and put them back on.

Now personally, those are the kind of games I'd like see them start playing here at our local alma mater, Sangreville High, but that won't be easy. It’s gonna take a lot of work on my part; along with with a lot of help from others, before it stops being a wussy school.

As for fund raising. That won't be happening here. I'll be attending a major campaign rally back in my old Demonic Dimension of Beelzebubia, in the City of Beelzebubapolis. At the rally, I will be among many candidates who'll be making speeches. There will also be entertainment, including the usual sacrifices of hunky guys and sexy gals. That's always fun to watch; and after all those non-fatal football games, it's gonna be very refreshing.

You are all welcome to come along; not only to attend the Rally. You'll all be welcome to spend a few days there, getting to know the Demonic Dimension of Beelezebubia; especially my old home town; Beelezebubapolis.

What do you say? Do you want to come along?

ABC REPORTER: If I risk getting decapitated I may have to decline. What are the stats from your pre-election poles? Do you have enough support to get elected?

Who is your biggest opponent also running for the seat?

MS. DRISCOLL: Don't worry. As long as you don't take part in any combat games, your head will probably stay on.

If you'd like to know what you'd have to be dealing with, if you do decide to come to Beelezebubia, I suggest you log on to:

 Beelzebubia  (18+)
Woman trapped in Demonic Dimension won't be allowed to leave, unless she becomes a demon.
#2134572 by Yesmrbill


Then after you've read through the whole thing; let me know if you'd still like to come along.

As for your other Questions. The stats are almost 60% in my favor. Which is definitely more than enough support for me to get elected.

My only opponent is our present Council Member from my District, who wants to keep the status quo.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{STATIC}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{STATIC}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{STATIC}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{STATIC}}}}{{{{{{{{STATIC}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{STATIC}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{STATIC}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

MS. DRISCOLL: Hello everyone! Francine Driscoll here! Still waiting for your questions!

What's happened to the Interview? Where have all the Local Reporters gone? Where are all the others from all over the Country who had their hands raised? Have they all followed my suggestion and clicked onto what I had posted? I've just checked what I had posted. It's received 182 views.

If they have, does that mean that 182 Interviewers might now all be trapped inside the Demonic Dimension of Beelezebubia? If they have, that means they will not be allowed to return to this Mortal Dimension until they've become demons themselves. To do so they will have to earn their horns, and I don't know if any of them are horny enough.

Now if any of you Interviewers are in Beelzebubia and reading this on line, just contact me here on this website, and I'll see if there's anything I can do to bring you back, still mortal.

ABC REPORTER: You commented that your only opponent is the present Council Member from your district. What is his name? Is he human or does he have something supernatural?

MS. DRISCOLL: Welcome back! This is the first I've heard from any of you Interviewers since last Wednesday. That's seven days. I've been wondering what's happened to you. I'll have to admit that I've wondered whether you've followed my demonic deception, and found yourselves spending those seven day in the Demonic Realm of Beelzebubia? If so, that means that you've earned your horns, and returned to this Mortal Realm demonized, and are now Immortal.

If that's what's happened, Congratulations! Welcome to the Immortal Cabal!

Now you're asking about my only opponent as candidate for the Town Council. His name is Henry Luzak. He's now 72 years old, mortal, and been a Council Member for more than 30 years. It's past time for him to retire, and allow us of the next generation, whose members happen to be members of the Immortal Cabal, to take over.

Those members include me, and may now include you; much sooner than you think.

Welcome back again!

CBS REPORTER: Based on some earlier comments, I wonder if you can confirm what will happen to any humans in this district if you win? Is this something that is part of your campaign?

What challenges do you face in getting elected?

MS. DRISCOLL: What will happen to the Humans of this Community, is the focus of my campaign. There is more to my Campaign than just opposition to Wussyism. It’s how the Citizens of Sangreville will benefit from my being elected, which is my platform.

What will happen to the humans in Sangreville, is that things will be better than ever, not only for us of the Demonic Persuasion; but our Mortal Neighbors will also benefit.

Until now, Sangreville has been shunned. That is understandable. Being known as a vampire town and demonic community has been enough to keep most people away. Even those who have legitimate reasons to come here, get their business done quick and are away from here as fast as possible.

That is going to change. We are going to see to it that Sangreville becomes a major Tourist Resort Town. We will have Marriot and other major Hotel Chains operating here. There will be top class restaurants and nightclubs with top entertainment.

We will be another Vegas, but even darker than that Sin City.

The major attraction will be the fact that the Entrance to the Demonic Realm of Beelezebubia is located right here in Sangreville. We’ll arrange for Guided Tours of the Realm. Not only that. Much of what goes on in the Demonic Realm, will be duplicated right here in this Mortal Community of ours.

We will have public displays of human sacrifices to Beelezub and other Demonic Deities. A major Stadium will be constructed, where Teams of Warrior Guys and Gals will be fighting to the death in Gladiator Games, against Teams from other Demonic Communities.

Some of the Restaurants will offer cannibal meals on the menu. There will also be other dark activities featured. All of this together will be of great financial benefit to all of our Citizens, not only those who are Demonic, but the Mortals will also be included.

That is my Campaign Platform, by which I expect to be elected by a major landslide; easily overcoming any challenges!

NBC REPORTER: What do you say to those mortals who are afraid Sangreville is becoming too demonic? I hear there is a fraction calling for mass exorcisms.
On the other side what do you say to the demons who say humans are only fit to be sacrifices and should be limited to that role in society?

MS. DRISCOLL: It turns out that my opponent, Assemblyman Henry Luzak won’t be as easy to defeat as I’d originally thought. He has the full backing of Mrs. Josephine Sheridan, the mother of Paula Sheridan, the late Vampire Staker of Sangreville.

She also has the backing of the Local Born Again Christians. There aren't that many, but they are very powerful; especially the Born Again Christian Vampires, who only drink the blood of animals.

They are strongly opposed to my program of eliminating Wussyism and turning our Community into a Demonic Resort. Like I said, there aren't too many of them but they have access to Great Power.

Their official slogan is "Resist the Devil and he will flee from you."

This Campaign of mine is going to be much more difficult than I thought. Even if I win, they will always be in the way. And that is their Constitutional Right.

LOCAL REPORTER: Oh. Mrs. Josephine Sheridan sounds interesting, particularly if she pretends not to have demonic power but in actuality does. She might be really nasty.

MS. DRISCOLL: Anyone who wants to know more about Mrs. Josephine Sheridan, and Sangreville in general should go to:

 SANGREVILLE  (13+)
New Girl in "Vampire Town" High, tries to fit in with her living and undead classmates.
#2133121 by Yesmrbill


Once you've checked it out, you'll have a very good understanding of everything and everyone I'll have to be dealing with.

Thank you all. Good night.

ABC REPORTER: And good night to you, Candidate Driscoll.


The Transcript ends here. Everythings else continues.

I shut the TV off and sat there thinking about some of the things I’d heard; both before and after the interview.

Before the interview, Vampirana had said, “Seek and discover what’s on cable channel 666. Then you will discover what benefits you may receive, as long as you don’t get in my way.”

Now after the Interview I sat there wondering.

Would my fighting on a Gladiator Team lead to great benefits for me, my Mom, and everyone who’s close to me? Should I believe anything Vampirania says?

No! I remembered scripture:

“Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you… And take up the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God.”
PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> Sangrevillians
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/2145576-Sangrevillians