*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145630-Statement
Rated: E · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2145630
Statement taken by Officer Sing on November 3, 12:04 pm
I want to report a crime!
My name is Margaretha. I live alone in a cottage in the woods, and when this happened, I was sitting in my room googling for a meringue recipe and doing nobody no harm. Suddenly I heard a strange noise from the garden. I closed my laptop and went out, only to find two children, or, at least, very small persons, - Germans, I guess, - eating on my house. I never seen or heard anything like it.
‘Hey, that’s my house,’ I said. ‘You can’t eat that!’ But I don’t think they understood, being foreign and all. Thinking they were hungry, I invited them in and made a tom yum soup for them. But the girl kept poking me in the waist with a chicken bone, probably from some bird they had killed and eaten before they began devouring my house, so the soup didn’t turn out as good as I had hoped. Then I made a lamb casserole, a Shepherd's Pie, a Bibimbap, a score of hamburgers - and God knows what. And they ate it all. But the girl kept poking me with the bone. Look, I still got bruises.
Finally I told them I could not make any more food for them because I had to get my meringue finished. Then they got angry and pushed me into the owen!
I could have died! Lucky for me, it was on low heat because of the meringue, but still… So, will you arrest them?”
© Copyright 2018 slegyras (slegyras at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145630-Statement