*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145946-Battle
by JKS
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2145946
Small fictional piece for the daily flash fiction contest
I used my wings to dodge their attacks, as best I could. I got hit once but then managed to out-fly them and I was heading straight for the temple opening.
I had good feather, and it gave me the extra push that I needed to avoid the trailing guardians, guarding the perimeters of Korh, the mythical land of the goddess of Umbria.
I threw myself inside the portal, "Safe" I told myself aloud. I looked around. All the words describing this place couldn't define the feeling being here in person. Two large statues in the shapes of sphinx like beasts were looming in the horizon, their shadows resting quietly in the sands. Between them, a path was leading towards darkness; it was the only path. In here, I couldn't fly, and so I had to walk. I readied my weapons and began my quest.
In the first chamber I had to kill a swarm of beetles and in the second I was challenged by creatures, what I could only describe as, metallic looking blobs. I was well trained and well equipped, and so, for many hours, I fought my way until I reached the main event.
It had become winter, and snowflakes were dancing in an unseen breeze. Ahead of me loomed a naked tower, made of pure ice, and guarding it was a dragon, seemingly asleep. "This is it", I said to myself, eying the dragon suspiciously. I double checked my gear, took a deep breath and went into the zone; and then the dragon awoke.
The dragon roared its dissatisfaction and I charged towards it. I dodged the first fireball, then my headset was forcefully pulled from my head.
"HELLOOOO! Dinner! Mother says she'll ban you from using the internet!" my sister teased me.
Then I died.



© Copyright 2018 JKS (jeks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145946-Battle