*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146158-Colours-on-the-Streets-of-Justice
Rated: GC · Draft · Mystery · #2146158
A teenage delinquent works with a famous detective to solve an alleyway murder gone bad...
Marcy's POV

In the most usual circumstance, I would be wandering the dark alleyways of Sayonah City, minding my own business. But today was different. I was sitting in the police station, yet I wasn't arrested for crime, or vandalizing. A cop, someone who would normally arrest me, asked for my help. I'm a 17 year old delinquent with enough time to make street art, aka graffiti. This is different. I like play hard-to-get with the cops, but I'm so freaked out, I would rather have them arrest me. It went like this;

Earlier this afternoon...

I was walking down the street, looking for a fresh new area to do a new art piece on, when a police car pulled up next to me. I was about ready to bolt, but the officer who got out of the vehicle flashed me his badge. "Marceline Hinton, you're going to have to come with me to the station. We need your help."

I was waiting at the station for my new 'Boss'. I was told he was quite popular, and had been looking for me for quite a while. Great. Just what I need. More cops up my ass. But, I was patient anyway. I thought about what he looked like. Was he tall? Was he young? Was he hansome? The door opened, and my head shot up. The police officer who escorted me to the station walked in the room with a young man. He had deep coal hair, with wide, sparkling green eyes. His mouth was shaped into a gentle, forgiving smile. "Marceline. This is Detective Gandron." I stood up, and bowed. It was common etiquette among us on the dark side of the city to bow when addressed. The detective bowed back. The officer left, leaving the two of us alone.

"Jared's the name," The detective said, flashing his badge "And you must be Marceline."
I nodded "Marcy. I prefer Marcy." My mouth was drawn into a tight line.
Jared raised an eyebrow. "I've been searching for you for a long time, Marcy. Something happened earlier today, a murder, and I have been told by multiple street thugs that you see a lot in those dark parts of town."
This time, it was my turn to raise an eyebrow "Aaaand if I help you...?"
"You are relieved of all your crimes."
My eyes widened "ALL of them?"
He nodded. There was a lot of nodding today. I thought for two seconds, but I knew my answer. I got to work with a hot detective, and get pardoned for ALL of my crimes! "You've got a deal." I stuck out my hand, and he took it, shaking it.


Jared's POV

I had to admit, I didn't expect Marcy to be so pretty, or to be a young adult. Her files said 17, but she looked about 14 to me. This slightly shocked me when I saw her in person, I almost thought that she couldn't be 17. But she was. I was glad Marcy agreed with the deal. Most delinquents wouldn't have. But I guess the pardoning worked.

Marcy was sitting in the front seat of my car. She was focused hard on getting some paint stains off of her pants with her finger nail. I kept glancing back at her every fifteen seconds. Her dark midnight coloured hair with cyan highlights hung in front of her eyes, a gas mask with clear cyan lenses hung around her neck. Her cyan hood, which was up, hid her ears from the world. Her pants were black, with white stripes and multi-coloured paint splatters on them.

"So, you know the east side well?"
She nodded. "Like the back of my hand," She mumbled. She didn't seem happy, as if this place gave her bad memories.
"Do you know where alley 56 is?"
She looked up "Yea. Take a right at the stop sign." I did as she said, and in 10 minutes, we were at the alley. Police tape covered the entrance of it, and there were other policemen. I got out of my car, Marcy followed at my heels. The police chief approached me

"Is that her?" He gestured towards Marcy.
"Mm-hm. That's her,"
"But... She's a girl... A teenager..."
"You're point?" Marcy had a 'Are you serious?' look on her face as she said this.
The police chief shook his head, and looked at me. "Are you sure...?"
I sighed "Yes, I'm sure."
"Mm 'kay..," He spoke into his walkie "Let her in."

Some policemen moved the caution tape aside, and Marcy walked into the alleyway. The smell of death still lingered, and I could tell she could smell it, too.
© Copyright 2018 Sad Machine (thawthorne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146158-Colours-on-the-Streets-of-Justice