*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146222-Telephone-Game
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2146222
This a 269 words story for daily flash fiction using the words cloud, whisper, and watch.
“Now it’s your turn to whisper what Michelle said to Brett. That’s how the telephone game works.”

Gilbert was annoyed by this game and having the rules repeated by Miss Dupuis, like they were in still grade school. But his classmates are enjoying themselves. He was determined to ruin the game.

Gilbert leaned into Brett’s ear and quickly whispered “The cat in the hat is fat. The dog on the log fell in fog. The horse is a horse of course. But the rabbit met the duck for a fu-“

“No, you’re lying. That word wouldn’t be there.” Shouted Brett. Now everyone was staring was Gilbert.

“I’m just repeating what I heard Michelle told me.”
“I did not use a swear word” argued Michelle.
Miss Dupuis looked at her watch, wishing the final bell would ring.
“MISS” shouted the three students.

“Brett say out loud what you think you heard and instead of saying the bad word replace it with another word.”
“Uh um ok. Let me see now. Uh. He said. Hmm”
Gilbert laughed “C’mon Brett, make like your m-“ “Gilbert!” Miss Dupuis glared a hole right through him.
“I meant to say to make like a cloud and spit it out.”
“Gilbert!
“Brett, go.”
“The cat in hat is fat. The dog went for jog on the log. Uh. The horse took a horse course. Aaaand. Uh. The rabbit and the duck went to f-to fudge”

The class burst into laughter. Miss Dupuis stood in disbelief. Michelle whined about how Gilbert ruined it. The final bell went off and Gilbert walked out feeling like a champ.
© Copyright 2018 Ric Essex (patalive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146222-Telephone-Game