*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146451-Blind-Date
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2146451
Seems like a "blind date" disaster.
A friend, at least I'd thought of her as a friend, had suggested this. It was Christmas week, and I was feeling lonely, so I agreed.

Started like a classic "blind date" disaster. A 2 or 3 on a scale to 10. Not much chance of a second.

To begin with, his choice in clothing was, how shall we put this, eccentric. Who wears a string tie these days?

But, I suppose it went with the tight jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and a bit of a drawl.

No danger of the restaurant getting a 3 star Michelin rating, but it was OK. With the Christmas decorations all over the place, there was no way to tell what the normal ambiance would be.

Hearty food would probably be its classification. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but not how most guys try to impress a girl the first time out.

"How 'bout some dancing after we're done here?" he asked.

I thought about how the cowboy boots could crush a few toes, but finally decided what the heck.

"I'll call a buddie for a recommendation," he said. A flip phone! Of course.

Turned out to be a country-western place, people going around in what he explained was the "Texas Two Step." Who knew?

He sure fit right in with the crowd; lots of cowboy boots and hats.

I didn't lose any toes, but our dancing would never be a threat to Astaire and Rogers.

Some of the couples were smooching at a point on the dance floor. Of course, Christmas Mistletoe. Our turn came around.

Yum, yum. The rating just got closer to that 10.

What was that country western song popular a few years ago? Something about "Saving a horse...."

© Copyright 2018 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146451-Blind-Date