*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146729-An-Unprecedented-Ending
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2146729
This was a short story I wrote based on a writing prompt. Hope you enjoy!
"No...no, i-it wasn't supposed to be like this..." the man's shoulders trembled as he leaned over a woman's unmoving form. Hot tears spilled down his scarred face and his messy black hair hung over his once power-hungry eyes. The man slipped his massive hands through the woman's frizzy hair, once the topic of his insults.

"You...you were supposed to defeat me...you were...YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN!" the man screamed and pounded the ground with his fist. His fist looked huge next to the woman's slender limbs and he recoiled. He'd spent years fighting this woman, and never once did he realize how fragile she really was. All it took was one strike. One strike with his massive fist to bring her down...and now she was...

"Come on...you can still win. Just wake up. Please...wake up. Defeat me. End the story the right way, the way it always is. The hero always defeats the villain so why...WHY DID I WIN?" The man wept bitterly as he yearned for the woman below him to respond. He watched as his tears fell onto her dark skin, bringing out her freckles and countless scars.

As he stared, the tears stopped and he silently cradled her head in his lap. He unsnapped her shredded cape from around her neck and watched as it blew away into the distance. He brushed the curls of hair away from her round face. The face he had despised for so many years now seemed angelic. the smile she wore in the face of his taunts would never light up her face again. Her eyes were staring, unblinking into the horizon, the traces of shock and pain still visible on her features.

He still had so many plans, but he had never thought of one for if he had won. In his eyes, the woman was invincible and it would take many a thought out plan to bring her down. He had a book of all of the evil schemes he'd had planned, and now they were useless. He had won, and how he regretted it. He had wanted to win, but at the same time, he didn't. All his meticulous plans were useless now, and the only woman he had ever loved...was killed by his own hand...
© Copyright 2018 Luci Garden (cuteness552 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146729-An-Unprecedented-Ending