*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146839-WhoDunIT
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #2146839
A mystery in 16 sentences. Happy 16th Birthday, Writer's Cramp!
The corpse lay on her back, eyes heavenward, as if the victim had been praying for forgiveness from her creator before the murder. Police swarmed around her. All they needed was one clue to figure out who had killed this woman and why. They were closer than they thought.

A rookie cop noticed the long, blonde strand of hair in the victim's hand. He held it up, and said to his supervisor, “This looks like your hair before you dyed it.”

“What exactly are you accusing me of?” She asked, cheeks flaming red.

“You were here at the Mayor’s Mansion last night…” A bullet smashed through the window and went into The Supervisor’s skull. Her eyes rolled upward before her body crashed to the ground.

“Well looks like we have two victims now. Damn shame that I don’t get paid per dead body.” The Chief of Police muttered.

The rookie realized that The Mayor and The Chief were behind the conspiracy when he found a bullet from a police gun next to the first victim. This case was his ticket to the FBI.
© Copyright 2018 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146839-WhoDunIT