*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147565-Once-a-hobo-now-a-billionaire
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bry31
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2147565
short story please read
Hi my name is Billy Bon Jacobson. When people look at me now they think that I have had the best life that anyone could possibly have. People think this because I have money and a big house. Sadly, my life was not as good as people think it was. I am going to tell you the true story about my life and not the story that people believe to be my life.

I was 20 at the time and a drop out of one of the best colleges in the State of Idaho. I am not proud of this, but I was going through a rough patch. I had just broken up with the love of my life and my high school sweetheart Sarnesha. People may think a break up about 9 months ago might not mean anything, but it meant something to me. She was my first love and I am heartbroken even though I know this is the right thing for us. Well, that’s what I was hoping at the time being. Not only did I just leave the best school I could have graduated from and gone through a break up, but now I was living on the streets. The corner of Elm and Bacon street to be exact. When I left all I took with me was some warm clothes, a tent, and a pillow. I knew I was in for a rough life ahead of me.

I had been out on the street for about 10 months now. I will not lie it was not easy. I went without food most days, but I knew that I would find a way to get through it all. Today, was the day a lot of my life would be changing. I could hear someone coming, I was worried it was the damn robbers again, but little did I know it was someone from the government. In a blink of an eye someone was here. He introduced himself as the city manager names Ron McChain. Before I new it I was being told that I had to find a job, a house and also save enough money every month for child support. Yes, child support. I was just told the I had a child with my name on the birth certificate. Sarnesha should have told me herself that we were having a baby not hire someone from the government to come track me down and kick me out of my home as of right now. Not only did they tell me that I had a kid, but they told me that Sarnesha had some problems while delivering the 5 pound 2 ounce baby girl. Sadly, Sarnesha did not make it through the birth and now I was a single father that had to find the money to raise my new baby girl. I knew that I really did not was the responsibility, but I knew I had to. Ron told me that I had three months to find a place to live and to have a stable income. One day, I was going around from store to store asking for even a part time job and then that is when I came up with an idea to help people realize their full potential and I had asked the government to help support my idea and to give him a grant to get the company started. Sadly, I was denied, but I was not going to give up so I begged them to help me out because I knew that if I could get this company going it would change peoples lives. On my way back to my tiny tent on Elm and Bacon street, I was stopped by this Indian man. I was so confused because I thought that I had done something wrong and I was about to get beat up again. I was wrong though the nice Indian man introduced himself as Vihaan. Then he began to ask me question about my poster about my company idea. Little did I know that he was a going to love my idea. He loved the idea so much that he gave me the money that was needed to help start this company for an exchange. The exchange was that when my newborn daughter Lily reached the again for eighteen, she would have to marry Vihaan’s son who at the time was 4 years old. I was unsure at first but soon agreed, now that I was responsible for this little human this was my only option at this point.

3 Months Later

I finally was able to afford my first apartment. It was small, but was a start. I still was about to be living on the corner of Elm street in the new apartment complex, Even though this was a small apartment it was still good enough to get my baby girl back.

Years Later

My company had really taken off a few years back. That is how I became a billionaire. Just because I now have a 8 bedroom 6 bathroom house with a pool, barn with horses, a garden, and a 7 car garage in Miami that means nothing because I had to work so hard to get to this point. My motivation was my beautiful little angel Lily. She has become a child model and we are both living an amazing life.
© Copyright 2018 Bry31 (bry31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147565-Once-a-hobo-now-a-billionaire