*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147798-Plot
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Other · #2147798
Just the plot
After being deceived by a minor noble of an oppressive nation, the mystical queen of a small archipelago vows vengeance. Though this seems impossible, her people are fanatically loyal and willing to go through anything to ensure her prosperity. When the deception turns into an act of war, however, the technologically superior nation attacks with a small detachment of advanced ironclad warships. Overwhelmed and facing certain annihilation, a boon from the heavens is once again gifted to the blessed queen, in the form of a nearby pirate flotilla capitalizing upon the occupying forces... being occupied. Commandeering the nearly empty vessels, they slave the guns and turn them upon the aggressors.

When the battle is over and the invaders suppressed, the queen and pirate king meet and form an alliance. Engaging in a campaign of coastal raids and privateering, the flotilla builds its strength in preparation for a counterattack on the heart of the conflict in the former capital of the fallen nation. With the addition of the defending soldiers of the former queen, the now veritable coalition launches an attack on the heartland of the once domineering country. After a long but successful campaign, the queen finds herself in the capitol building, now empress again of the lands that had belonged to her ancestors.

Standing on the precipice, the pirate king bids farewell to the confused queen. We've been fighting together so long, why end it now, she would protest. It was the law I was fighting; and you're the law now, the scoundrel would proclaim. Though the queen expresses optimism, the coastal raider explained that it was a doomed relationship from the start. In scorned anger the queen exiled the pirate from land, promising vengeance if they returned. In spite of this, the queen would then after forbid retaliating against the raiders, instead promising compensation for lost property.

This would prove to go on for some time, with the raids increasing in ferocity over time as if trying to force the newly crowned empress into acting. Then suddenly, at once it all ceased. Rumors of a public execution by strangely dressed soldiers reach the queen's ears, and naturally, she's devastated.
© Copyright 2018 Marian The Meek (queenmarian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147798-Plot