*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147856-Remembrance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Article · Political · #2147856
What Makes America Great.

Remembrance

1/25/18

Erle


You know what people used to do? What people used to accomplish and give, without so much as a second of hesitation? We worked for our money, lives, liberty, things you take for granted. Well it’s not. It can be taken away, in the blink of an eye. Many a brother and sister were lost in our plights, for our freedoms and liberties. America was a nation built on trust, hard work, perseverance and loss.


Perhaps you are too young to remember what it was like, what America once was. A land of opportunity, power and freedom. As of late, those principals are in jeopardy. The phrase “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country”, has been fleeting. Our Founding Fathers envisioned a country of liberty, wrapped in endless possibilities.


All the way from the time we colonised this land, to the present of now, America has stood stout and strong for our ideals and principals. To get somewhere in this life, in this nation, hard work and determination is not a choice. It’s required. As of late, it’s become more of a choice, and the idea of entitlement has gotten completely out of hand. There was no entitlement when I was growing up. You either worked or starved, it was as simple as that. There were no cell phones, reality T.V., or some such bullshit. We read, worked, studied, and fought most importantly for our freedoms and liberties.


And now many wish to strip our proud nation of those rights and freedoms, take our protection away, dumb down our educators and students, hold our hands from the cradle to the grave, and protect our “feelings” at all costs. I served in ‘Nam, and saw many a brother fall to their knees, not always from a bullet, often from loneliness, sickness and desperation. There is no hand holding, there are no feelings of happiness or sadness. Just pure despair and devastation. We fought with bullets, and when those ran dry, we use swords and sticks, and when they were snapped or twisted, we used rocks, and when they went dull, we used our bare hands, because it was in our hands, all that stood between freedom, democracy and liberty, and those who would trample us as soon as look at us. Remember...

All gave some, some gave all...
© Copyright 2018 Jasons Legions (jasonslegions at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147856-Remembrance