*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147860-Becky
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #2147860
Hope hope hope hope hope
Becky looked in the mirror as she got ready that day. Her outfit looked good, her hair had not one fly away...and still, she grimaced. She didn't like what she saw in her reflection. All the names he ever called her came rushing back every time she glanced in a mirror...ugly, fat pig, undesirable, and many more.

Becky tried to push those thoughts out of her head and turned away from the mirror. She was determined not let it make her cry anymore. He just wasn't worth her tears.

​She turned on the radio in her car and teared up at what was playing. It was "Beautiful you" by Johnny Diaz. She smiled and thanked God for the reminder. She hummed the tune in her head all througout the workday.

​Becky came home that night and went through the usual routine...dinner, bath, prep for bed, then prayer and Bible reading. She avoided the mirror as she brushed her teeth, not wanting to lose that good feeling she had. She climbed in her bed, reached for her Bible, and turned to Ecclesiastes.

​The first verse she read was Ecclesiastes 3:11..."He hath made everything beautiful in its time...." She stopped there, set her Bible down, lifted her arms and worshipped God.

​God made everything beautiful...everything. Becky heard God's small, still voice tell her that she was included in "everything". She slept peacefully that night.

The next morning as she got ready, she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. His voice came rushing in, with all the ugly names, as it usually did. But this time she said "No. He has made everything beautiful. That includes me." The feeling of inadequacy she fought so hard seemed to evaporate, and a feeling of worth took it's place.

​Becky still struggles with feeling inadequate and undesirable and unattractive and unworthy...but now, when those feelings come? She quotes that scripture. She sings "Beautiful You" and "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again" and "Worth". She praises God and rebukes the devil. Those feelings are becoming less and less, and she thanks God in advanced for the day when they're gone all together.
© Copyright 2018 K.M.Remaley (krys10remaley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2147860-Becky